Downloaded Transactions Not Updating

Options
TIm3289
TIm3289 Member ✭✭

About a month ago my downloaded transactions for all my accounts stopped appearing in my registers. They are downloading from the banks, I can see them when I go to Tool→Online Center but they are not being posted in the accounts. When I click "Compare to Register", nothing happens.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @TIm3289,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TIm3289
    TIm3289 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have done that it and it still does not work.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @TIm3289,

Thank you for attempting those steps.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which financial institution(s) are you experiencing this with? Do their connection methods differ or are they the same? You can see the connection methods by navigating to Tools > Account List. Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• TIm3289
    TIm3289 Member ✭✭
    Options

This is happening with ALL my accounts at Chase, US Bank, and Citibank. All using Web Express+. As i mentioned previously, the transactions are downloading and I can see them when I go to Tools→Online Center, but the are not appearing in my registers or in the Downloaded Transactions box at the bottom of the registers.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Restore a backup from before you started experiencing issues and see if that corrects your issue(s).

• gcmobley
    gcmobley Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been Unable to update any accounts since ~ 9/3/2023. Everything was working fine before then. So to test I removed the online and link and tried to readd it and Quicken says "it's having problems contacting quicken's servers. Do NOT contact your bank etc…" This seems familiar to support's earlier posting that the quicken servers were down.. I think they went down again around 9/3 and have been DOA since. →

• TIm3289
    TIm3289 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Ralphc I am already working off of my last known good backup. @gcmobley, this has been going on for about 4 weeks now.

• gcmobley
    gcmobley Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Tim: You may want to backup the file you are working on and then run a data validation to see if there are errors in the file.

I was unable to use "One Step Update" this AM… but I have been able to update each account - one-by-one. I've also been able to re-add a Discover account but in an odd way. I'd already tried the log-out and then log-in posted by the moderator without success several times over 2 days. This AM I decided to "let quicken search for "Discover Card" and when it found it I selected it and then was able to add the account back into updates. Very strange… but reporting here to help others.

• TIm3289
    TIm3289 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine Any other suggestions?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @TIm3289,

If you haven't already done so, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TIm3289
    TIm3289 Member ✭✭
    Options

So suddenly everything is working again. Quicken auto-updated to version R52.20, and suddenly everything is there again. Just wondering, did the August update break things, and this fixed it?

This discussion has been closed.