Quicken will not complete One Step Update

Options
Jmarinc
Jmarinc Member

Windows 11 Pro, Quicken version: R51.12, Build: 27.1.51.12. I have 3 Quicken data sets. The smaller 2 data sets "One Step Update" without a problem. The larger data set, however, will not update with all the accounts selected or even on a one by one account basis. It would normally take about 2-3 minutes in the past for this data set to successfully update, however, since Sept. 1, the update screen would be showing for days unless I control-alt-delete and end the task for the Quicken process. I validated the data set and no errors were discovered. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @Jmarinc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first 

save a backup

file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• misterde
    misterde Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm also having this exact problem. I've tried this solution as well as Validating and Supervalidating my account. Any other fixes out there?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @misterde,

Thank you for joining this thread.

Do you receive any error codes or messages when attempting to run a One Step Update?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jjnesser
    jjnesser Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having same issues started yesterday

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jjnesser,

Thank you for joining the discussion. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps listed earlier in the thread?

Are you receiving any error codes or error messages?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• jjnesser
    jjnesser Member ✭✭
    Options

I did the steps outlined above. I am not getting any error codes. The update screen starts off looking white then goes to a gray look. Then nothing happens. Have to end task. I also did a validation on the files. Not a super valuation.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

How long are you waiting before ending the task? Does this happen only when you try to update all accounts at once through One Step Update, or does it also happen when you update one at a time? Did the validate find any issues?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• misterde
    misterde Member ✭✭
    Options

I may have found a solution to my problem. Sometime in the past week, it may have involved the TD Ameritrade/Schwab transfer, my account list was corrupted. The financial institutions no longer matched my accounts. I removed them one by one from One Step Update, corrected all the information and reactivated them. I now have all but one working correctly.

I have one other related problem. I had two separate accounts with TD Ameritrade, each with a different user name and password. With Schwab I still have two separate accounts but with only one user name and password. Quicken doesn't recognize this and only updates one of the accounts. I've tried activating each one separately but that doesn't work either. I hope someone is working on this problem.

• jjnesser
    jjnesser Member ✭✭
    Options

I contacted support. They walked me through a solution. Had to make new quicken file then reauthorize all my account. A pain but fixed.

This discussion has been closed.