Ally Bank Issue

Options
Mary T
Mary T Member ✭✭✭

I'm having an issue with downloading my transaction information from Ally Bank. I get the error message indicating that my accounts were deleted by the bank and it may be caused by restoring from a backup file, which I did do. I have repeatedly reset the account as well as adding the account again to no avail. The single account I have was not deleted and I'm able to view it via the web.

Any suggestions what else I might do?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Mary T,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mary T
    Mary T Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you!

• binary512
    binary512 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have had the same issue myself with Ally for 1-2 months.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @Mary T and @binary512,

If you haven't done so already, I recommend you start troubleshooting by making a backup of your Quicken file, then following the steps in this article: Error Message When Updating Accounts: CC-800.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mary T
    Mary T Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you. I went thru the deactivate & reactivate steps and it did not work. I also reset the account and I'm still getting the same error message. Any other tips?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Usually the steps in the article work to resolve the issue. Since they did not, please follow these steps:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all accounts connected to the financial institution that is having the issue, unless they are under a different login that is not having trouble.
    3. Check for any hidden accounts that are still trying to connect to that financial institution. To do this, go to Tools>Account List, then, if you have hidden accounts, there will be a Show hidden accounts checkbox at the lower left. Scroll through the Account List, looking for any hidden accounts that think they're connected to those financial institutions (Transaction Download column will say "yes" if an account thinks its connected). If you find any that are connected, deactivate them.
    4. Before reconnecting anything, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. There should be a blue link that says Reset your cloud data. Click on that link. Note: If you don't see that link, you have sync turned off. You would need to turn the sync on, click OK, then go back to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. Then you should be able to click on that link. Once the cloud reset is complete, you can turn the sync back off again.
    5. After the cloud reset completes, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. There will be a blue link that says Sign in as a different user. Click that link, type "yes", then click the Sign Out button.
    6. Quicken will log you out and take you back to the login screen. Before logging in, close Quicken and leave it closed for at least 5 seconds.
    7. Re-open Quicken. When it finishes loading, it will take you to the login screen. Log in to Quicken.
    8. Once you are logged back into Quicken, reconnect the accounts by going to Tools>Add Account. Search for the Financial Institution and follow the prompts. Do this for each financial institution you need to reconnect. Note: When reconnecting your accounts, it is important to make sure that Quicken is showing the action as Link to existing and the nickname in Quicken is the correct account you want it to download into (see sample image below). If it is showing an incorrect name or if it is trying to add instead of link, click the dropdown in the action column to correct it.

Once you have your accounts reconnected, test to see if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.