Why isn't there a Mac Quick Report - like on Quicken 2007

Options
E Hartzke
E Hartzke Member
edited October 2023 in Reports (Mac)

On Quicken 2007 a quick report could be formed which used the find feature on a field like memos. The result was fast and showed every incidence of the search key (as good as it was - even though it was not very flexible).

The find feature could even be used standalone to search either direction for a keyword or phrase AND the result was actually highlighted, so it could be found easily; and a keyboard return would let you advance to the next etc.

Those are two of the reasons I keep going back to an older computer and Quicken 2007 to search through older data, even though that data is also in the new version.

I now have version 7.1.1 (expired) and I'm still thinking whether I'll renew because I don't like features that are not as good as the past.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Instead of a report, you can simply use the Search in modern Quicken Mac to find transactions with specific memo text. (And you can print the search results register.)

When the early developers were creating the early incarnation of modern Quicken Mac, they felt that many people used Quick Reports in Quicken 2007 for simple ad hoc queries. Rather than building it as a "report" feature, they felt that a robust Search — which Quicken 2007 lacked — would address what many people searched for with Quick Reports. I'm not saying they were entirely right, as there are definitely some holes; I'm just reporting what the former Quicken Mac product manager said back in those early days. In addition to basic Search, you can click on any transaction and Control-click to call up a menu which includes options to do a "quick report" on the Payee or the category of that transaction.

Yes, Quicken Mac is different than Quicken 2007. In some ways, it's better. In some ways it's worse. In some ways, it's neither better nor worse, just different. Most users find they can find ways to do most of what they want with Quicken Mac. If you don't, and if you can find some other software which better fits your needs, then you'll have your answer about whether to renew.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

QMac DOES have a partially implemented Quick Report Feature. BUT it first starts with finding a transaction with the field data you want (not ideal), then right click for options to create a "Quick Report". Works on Payee, Category, and Tag. Go here to see what the Search function cannot do, and what Quick Report is still missing from this functionality, like Memo field, reusable custom dates, etc.

Bring back Quick Reports

Add you vote to this, and to the others listed.

Report based on keyword of Memo/Notes

Custom Dates

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.