Paypal Mastercard Connection

Options

Using Quicken for Windows R52.20.

Beginning September 8th, Quicken asks to send a one-time code to my cell number to complete my Paypal mastercard login. When I select my phone, my phone directs me open the paypal app. It does not send me a code. Now my paypal mastercard account is shown as not available in Quicken. My data is in place, but I cannot update it. Any attempt to add it results in the same issue. I enter my credentials, I'm asked to send a one-time code to my cell phone, a message appears on my phone asking to confirm on the paypal app. I'm asked if I'm trying to log in from the web. If I select yes, I'm able to access my account, but I'm not being given a one-time code to satisfy Quicken's dialog box.

As of now, I've lost the ability to download data from this account.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Tony Doster,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you.

(Ticket #10285284/CTP-6494)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jongkind
    Jongkind Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. Holding up business.

• kweiss00
    kweiss00 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here…..

• Brickster0
    Options

same issue

• Bruce Rose
    Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ditto here…for the PayPal charge account. Also cannot set up on line access/updating for the PayPal/Synchrony savings account.

• Tony Doster
    Tony Doster Member ✭✭
    Options

An update to my previous post. Now when attempting to update, Quicken offers a choice to send a code to my Paypal App or my phone. Either choice results in the Paypal app opening and asking if I am logging in on the web. Selecting yes still doesn't clear the box asking for a code, and no code is delivered regardless of the choice I select. Still no way to update through Quicken.

• jtgdc
    jtgdc Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue….

• maytersandwich
    Options

This is not the same issue. I had the issue back in June and now this one and they are certainly not the same thing. This is like the third long term problem I've had with Quicken just this year.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @maytersandwich,

Thank you for joining this thread.

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Tony Doster
    Tony Doster Member ✭✭
    Options

Another update. As of yesterday, upon update, I am no longer asked to enter a code or confirm through the Paypal app, and updates appear to occur correctly, however, my online balance is being updated, but transactions are not being downloaded. The online balance reported by Quicken is correct, but I'm having to look up and manually enter transactions.

• Tony Doster
    Tony Doster Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks to the Quicken develpers this problem seems to be resolved. Account is updating correctly and transactions are downloading correctly.

Thanks for staying with this issue and resolving it.

• Tony Doster
    Tony Doster Member ✭✭
    Options

Looks like I spoke too soon in my last comment above. Now Quicken's behaviour is back to my comment of September 15, asking to verify with a code to my phone or confirm on the Paypal app. Either choice results in a dialog box asking for a code, but a code is not given, leaving me with no choice but to cancel the box.

Sorry, but this continues as an issue.

• alexc4406
    Options

I have the same problem.

after the Paypal app update, the Quicken connection worked fine on Sept 23. I did not use Quicken on the 24th. On the 25th it was back to asking for a code to confirm.

There are two problems here.

1. The phone number is not presented correctly. Therefore it can not dial the number. The indication is: "Receive a text Mobile +1 5—8691 Add Phone" This has never worked.
    2. The second problem is how Quicken wants to access Paypal. After the Papyal upgrade, Quicken used "Paypal Cashback World Master Card" as the Financial institution. On the 25th this was changed to :Paypay, Credit, MasterCard, and Cypto."This has never worked since the May/June timeframe.

Sure would be nice to have this problem resolved.

Thank you.

• Bigheadedpig
    Options
  • alexc4406
    Options

Well, it appears that Quicken and Paypal have decided to play nice. Three days in a row I have been able to update my Paypay account without difficulty.

• alexc4406
    alexc4406 Member
    Options

Well Quicken strikes again. Access to Paypal worked fine for about 5 days. Yesterday, 10/18, there was a Quicken update. Now I can not access Paypay; transactions will not download. Sure would be nice to have Quicken get their act together.

• ReneeD
    ReneeD Member
    Options

Mine stopped working two days ago. I even disconnected and tried to reconnect. Says that "Quicken could not find any accounts to add." QB blames PP and PP blames QB. This is getting tiresome especially because PP MasterCard is my main card and I really don't want to hand enter all the transactions.

• JMH
    JMH Member ✭✭
    Options

Same as above → "Mine stopped working two days ago. I even disconnected and tried to reconnect. Says that "Quicken could not find any accounts to add."

For me too → "This is getting tiresome especially because PP MasterCard is my main card and I really don't want to hand enter all the transactions."

• Gdhstl
    Gdhstl Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

This has been a mess for several months now.

[Merged Post]

• Tony Doster
    Tony Doster Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken is again refusing to connect to Paypal Mastercard account. When trying to update I get a CC-506 error. When trying to add the account it returns an error saying Quicken could not connect "It's not your fault".

• glawa
    glawa Member ✭✭
    Options

I have posted this before but feel the need to repost. PayPal account and PayPal Credit used to update as one account. PayPal Credit got separated out as its own account and updates. When that happened transactions no longer updated but the online balance did update. Since then, I have had to reestablish the PayPal Credit online connection for Quicken numerous times. That currently can't even be done. I was told months ago that the issue was closed because Quicken is aware of the problem and working on it. I have never seen an issue take this long to resolve and I think the frustration user are having is because it appears that the issue has just been dropped. It may be beneficial if an update on progress was shared.

• LMB
    LMB Member
    Options

This is a problem for me, too!

• abramphuan
    abramphuan Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I have been reading this for months or last years that most people have encounter with an issue to upload transaction from PayPal Credit to Quicken!! When is this going to be resolve? You taking our yearly membership; and this still not resolve and causing so much annoying unnecessary to sent out this questions for the discussion here??!! Why in the past was working; and after update and update from quicken and things just doesn't work…Can anyone from Quicken be a courtesy to provide what was the cause?? Don't tell me where to add; and I have try multiples tactic for the instruction you provided and it is still not connected. I do not want to upload manually because we signed up for Quicken just for the sake of convenient!

[Merged Post]

• Peyton Chambers
    Peyton Chambers Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I am having an issue connecting to the PayPal Credit, Mastercard, crypto connection. It will not pull my transaction fees for my cashback Mastercard. This is occurring within [Removed - 3rd Party Software] and Quicken and started two days ago. PayPal blames Synchrony, Synchrony says there isn’t a problem, Quicken and Intuit blame PayPal/Synchrony. This is super frustrating because my PayPal Mastercard is my primary card. Please get this issue resolved!!

• lmendezrom
    lmendezrom Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

PayPal stopped loading earlier this year so I deleted the account and tried to add it. This is the error I keep getting. This has been going on for some months now and there's no fix as of yet. Any ideas on how or when this PayPal issue will be taken care of?

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @lmendezrom,

We do currently have an active alert regarding users receiving this error message with their PayPal account(s). You can follow this link to access that alert where you can bookmark it in order to receive any and all future updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.

[Merged Post]

-Quicken Jasmine

• chptrk78
    chptrk78 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

This link hasn't been updated for over 4 months. Is there any activity at all on this issue?

[Merged Post]

• sproctor61
    sproctor61 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Yea whats odd is that it all worked ok for several months and now it stopped

• cmumathwhiz
    cmumathwhiz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Add me to the list that went through struggles updating the past few months, but usually could get it eventually. Now I'm stuck with no connection - and like others - this is my main credit card, so makes it hard to use Quicken to manage my finances. I'm not getting the services I pay for.

• nholdway
    nholdway Member
    Options

I'll join the parade here: Just added my PayPal MasterCard account to my Quicken file, and as has happened to others at one point or another, the correct balance is listed as "Live Opening Balance," but no transactions will download.

This discussion has been closed.