Ideas on why One-Step Update is getting stuck in "Waiting"?

Options
J in FL
J in FL Member ✭✭

I moved to a new computer today and everything seemed to transfer fine with my Quicken data and reinstall of Quicken. One Step Update works fine for things like my brokerage accounts but gets stuck in "Waiting" for my credit card accounts. I have validated and deactivated/reactivated those specific accounts with no success.

I have turned off my VPN and that did not help either. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @J in FL,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Are these credit card accounts with different financial institutions? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What exactly occurs when attempting to run a One Step Update?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    Options

mine does it too so it is a quicken side thing. If you wait until late in the day it will usually work fine. If relying on quicken is important to you, my suggestion is build a spreadsheet for quicken and turn off auto renew so they don't get anymore of your money for a faulty product. It has been so bad the last year we plan to quit them after close to 30 years of use. Sad but I think the problem is their staff are not reliable anymore. Al they will do is tell you it is someone else's fault. Lots of threads here in the forum on the issue. Will come back with a cc-501 error and tell you it is the quicken server that has a problem if you wait long enough.

• csturgeon810
    csturgeon810 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

i'm sitting here looking at a spinning waiting as well. [Removed-Profanity]. Ironic that they just sent me a survey 2 days ago asking if I would recommend Quicken to friends. I gave a 7 and told them that every time they mess with the software I can no longer connect to my bank. Sure enough here I am unable to connect to my bank. This seems to happen 3-4 times per year. 😡 [Removed-Profanity].

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
      If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in
    2. Have you recently enabled a VPN?
      If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, reboot with VPN disabled and see if that helps.
    3. Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    4. Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
      Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.
      For example, in McAfee Firewall, one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
      See Check your firewall settings and ensure the following three entries are present: If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center for assistance.
    5. In Windows 11 or older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
      Click the Advanced tab.
      Scroll down the list to "Use TLS 1.x" and click to put checkmarks on all available choices even though some of them are no longer supported "Use TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 (if available)"
      Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
      Click Apply. Reboot.
    6. If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC
    7. Please let us know which of the above solved your problem.

This discussion has been closed.