The online account balance on most all of my accounts is not longer updating.

Options

Many are stale from 08/17 and stay frozen even after resetting the account and reconciling the account. Appreciate suggestions to fix.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @MTC123456,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. The first troubleshooting step I would recommend is logging out of Quicken, then back in again.

To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Click the sign in as a different user link.

On the confirmation box, type "yes", then click the Sign Out button. Once Quicken finishes logging you out, go ahead and log back in and try updating your accounts again to see if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MTC123456
    Options

Thanks for the tip. I tried this twice and it did not improve or correct the issue. Just and an update, I am on the latest version, have done a validate and super validate of the file with no change. Any suggestion on next steps to correct the issue?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @MTC123456,

Thank you for attempting those troubleshooting steps.

We recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@MTC123456 - A few questions:

• Are transactions downloading properly and are the account balances accurate (even though the Online Balance is incorrect)?
    • Above the account registers and to the left the Account Name is shown. Right beneath that it should state when the last download occurred and what the connection method is (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect+). Is this information shown?
    • In Account List: Does it show the connection method in the Transaction Download column?
    • In Account List: Does it show the date and time of the last download for each account in the Last Download column?

If you do not see the Transaction Download and/or the Last Download columns, click on the Options button below the Account List and toward the left and then check them which will add those columns to the Account List view.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• MTC123456
    Options

Thanks for offering to help. See below.

• Are transactions downloading properly and are the account balances accurate (even though the Online Balance is incorrect)? Yes.
    • Above
      the account registers and to the left the Account Name is shown. Right
      beneath that it should state when the last download occurred and what
      the connection method is (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect or Express
      Web Connect+). Is this information shown?
      • Most are web connect +. I have a lot of accounts from various entities. I have used Quicken for a long time but seems to have become less stable over the last few months.
    • In Account List: Does it show the connection method in the Transaction Download column?
      • Yes. Of interest here, I don't see the + on the web connect in the name.
    • In Account List: Does it show the date and time of the last download for each account in the Last Download column?
    • Yes

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you say "Web Connect+" do you really mean "Express Web Connect+"? Please clarify because there is no such connection method as "Web Connect+". The available connection methods (that are not Direct Connect) are:

1. Express Web Connect: This is a method for downloading from financial institutions from within Quicken via One Step Update or Update Now.
    2. Express Web Connect+: This is a newer method for downloading from financial institutions from within Quicken via One Step Update or Update Now.
    3. Web Connect: This is where you manually download a QFX (or "Quicken" or "Web Connect") file from the online account and then import that file into Quicken.

Assuming my assumption is correct and you are referring to EWC+, then perhaps you are experiencing an issue with your runtime.dat file. It is not definitive because only 1 of the symptoms of a corrupted runtime.dat file seems to be present (online balances not updating) but it is not uncommon for there to be only 1 or 2 symptoms initially and over time there can be more symptoms added, eventually causing all transactions downloads to stop.

So, it is a bit of long shot but you might want to try the fix for a corrupted runtime.dat file. The process is described in this thread: Time date stamp [of last account update]. (See the 2nd post at the top of the thread.)

Let us know if this fixed the problem for you or not.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• MTC123456
    Options

Yes. Sorry for not included Express in the reply. I will give that a try.

This discussion has been closed.