Quicken can't find my American Express FSB Checking Account?

Options
GaKaye
GaKaye Member ✭✭

Suddenly, in the past two days, I get an error message when performing one-step update, that Amex reports no accounts for me. I tried to reset the account in Quicken, and get an error message that Amex says my credentials are incorrect. I go to the Amex website, and successfully log in with the same credentials that Quicken says Amex says are incorrect. I changed my credentials as required by Amex months ago, and downloads have been working fine until yesterday. Any ideas?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @GaKaye,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Aside from the error message that you are receiving, does there also happen to be any specific error code that you can provide us with here, please?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GaKaye
    GaKaye Member ✭✭
    Options

The error code number is CC-503

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Thank you for following up.

Please take a moment to review and follow this error-specific support article regarding error CC-503.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GaKaye
    GaKaye Member ✭✭
    Options

Anja, I read that article. If you will review my original question, you will see that I have reset the account in Quicken, which has removed the existing login and password information for the AMEX account. You will also see that I have logged into my AMEX account online, using the same login name and password as I have tried to use in Quicken. I am able to access my AMEX account on their website using that information, so obviously the login credentials are, in fact, correct. This is a problem with Quicken, not with my login credentials.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Which financial institution name are you using in Quicken to access your FSB account?

It's my understanding that you should use

• American Express for credit cards
      and
    • American Express Bank FSB for all other AmEx bank accounts, checking, savings, etc.

Use Tools / Add Accounts and select the correct FI name from the list

User ID and password should be the same as on the website.

• GaKaye
    GaKaye Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm using American Express Bank, FSB

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.