What are the steps needed to resolve Fidelity 401k at $0 balance?

Options
dranobob
dranobob Member ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been watching this issue and it updated as resolved this morning, but my Fidelity 401k still shows a $0 balance.

The share balance still shows 0 no matter what I change back in February when this issue first appeared.

I'm running the latest 7.2.2 on macOS 13.01

Comments

• MPRL
    MPRL Member
    Options

Same issue - this is not resolved

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @dranobob and @MPRL,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

If you are still experiencing an issue after the alert has been resolved, we recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mattyg55
    Options

Still having this issue as well. It's been months without reslution.

• Elizabeth H.
    Options

This needs to be escalated again. Interestingly, the FidelityNet Benefits 401(k) that I'm tracking has four domestic mutual funds and one international bond mutual fund. The bond fund has been accurately reflected, but the domestic funds haven't appeared since early July? (I've deleted and added the account a couple of times, including today, but it just downloads the bond fund.)
    I don't have the time to be on the phone with Quicken for this one issue. I hope that they'll keep working on it!

• Scott DS
    Options

Hello, isn't this the escalation point? Why would other posts be marked as closed if nothing has been done to fix this?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Scott DS This forum is mostly other users, You need to contact Q Support, a link is provided above, and seek escalation there.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Scott DS said: Hello, isn't this the escalation point?

No, actually. This site is not Quicken Support. In some cases, the handful of Quicken moderators here can enter or confirm and issue, but they generally want users to talk with Quicken Support so they can gather whatever information they need to pass on to the Quicken developers and/or the connectivity team at Intuit.

Similarly, when users post here asking the moderators for updates and there is no reply, I believe it's because the moderators do not have access to detailed information about the status of issues, particularly if it involves outside communication with Intuit. As @Quicken Jasmine posted above, the information the moderators have from their development team is that the issue was supposedly resolved — so if users are finding it wasn't, they need users to call Quicken Support to get the ongoing problem documented.

@Scott DS said: Why would other posts be marked as closed if nothing has been done to fix this?

Well, apparently Quicken believes something was done to fix the issue, or they wouldn't have changed the status. But I think threads on this site are closed when activity has stopped on the thread, irrespective of whether the question/issue has been satisfactorily resolved. It's not a good system if the issue is still pending resolution, but it seems to be the way they run this site.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • qj1
    qj1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just wanted to chime in and say that I too am having the same issue with my Fidelity NetBenefits account since July, and that it is not resolved for me.

• qj1
    qj1 Member ✭✭
    Options

My holdings seem to have restored sometime in the last day or two, and it would appear that the issue may be resolved.

However, I'm no longer able to access the support bulletin that was posted about this. It was previously at

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7937476/resolved-9-20-23-fidelity-fidelity-netbenefits-holdings-disappearing-from-accounts-qmac

but I am no longer able to access the page with a "permission problem" error. Was just looking to see if there was any official updates.

• jacobs
    edited September 2023
    Options

@qj1 When Quicken posts that a connectivity problem has been resolved, they leave the announcement visible for about a week and then archive it. In this case, they marked the NetBenefits issue resolved on 9/20, so it was recently archived. (I have permissions which allow me to see the closed thread, so I can tell you it has been archived with no further posts.)

I believe they do this because once their product development teams report an issue has been fixed, they want to close it out and have people who are still experiencing problems start the reporting process from scratch; there are often multiple issues going on which users lump together, and this helps them try to get a handle on what problems still may exist after an issue has been fixed.

• qj1
    qj1 Member ✭✭
    Options

@jacobs Thanks for that clarification, that makes sense.

Incidentally, I must have spoke too soon because I performed a one-step update this morning and my Fidelity balances and holdings have reverted back to $0. Will keep an eye on these discussions for more info. Thanks again.

• CountDeMonet2022
    Options

Has anyone tried manually downloading a .qif file from Fidelity NetBenefits and then importing into Quicken? It sounds like the same $0 balance issue would occur. Also, I'm confused about the so-called "resolution." Quicken Anja posted in another thread on 9/20/23 that the issue is NOT yet resolved. Was it resolved for Mac and not Windows or vice versa? If it's resolved for Windows, what is the version #?

• Todd D
    Todd D Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm using Quicken 7.3.1 for Mac and just started having the $0 balance issue last week. I too have seen another thread with Quicken Kristina saying the issue has been resolved, but it just started for me. It would be nice if someone explained what you need to do to resolve the issue if it has been fixed for some people.

• Marc02446
    Marc02446 Member ✭✭
    Options

Not fixed for me. Been going on for months. Some Quicken updates cause missing holdings to reappear, but they disappear the next time there is account activity

• Todd D
    Todd D Member ✭✭
    Options

After updating to Quicken for Mac Version 7.3.2 my $0 balance issue seems to have resolved itself. It took a few days and the holding didn't all come back at once, but I think it's all back now. I hope the update fixes things for the rest of you.🤞

• r2d2gasser
    r2d2gasser Member ✭✭
    Options

When I contacted Quicken chat support about this issue (my Netbenefits transactions also were all wiped out), I was told that my iMac OS (Catalina 10.15.7) is no longer supported and that's the problem. Nowhere have I seen any system requirement information when I renew my subscription. I am furious.

• jacobs
    Options

@r2d2gasser It's best if you post a question/issue in one place rather than in multiple threads as you've done here. It makes it easier for there to be back-and-forth conversation in one place. But I'll paste in my reply from the other thread where I already replied:

Officially, Quicken always states that the supported operating systems are the current macOS and the two prior versions. (So currently, that would be Sonoma, Ventura and Monterey.) This official policy hasn't changed for years. 

However, the Quicken Mac team has always alerted users when they are actually ending support for older operating systems. The most recent instance of this was with the release of Quicken 7.0 in April 2023, which required Catalina or higher and ended support for Mojave and High Sierra. The current Quicken Mac does run on macOS Catalina; I have it running right now on my Mac which is on macOS Catalina. 

In short, the Quicken Support representative you spoke with gave you the official answer as shown on Quicken's website, but not the correct answer.

The problem with Netbenefits accounts has nothing to do with your operating system. As you can see from this thread, it has been affecting many users for some time. And you may note that the user reporting yesterday that their account seemed fixed did not get the fix through an update to the program itself; these problems are almost always resolved via back-end server fixes. 

My only advice is that you can try Quicken Support again — perhaps phone instead of chat? — and hope that the representative you get this time will have some knowledge of the Netbenefits problem and current status.

Nowhere have I seen any system requirement information when I renew my subscription.

The system requirements aren't listed on the subscription page. They are always listed here:

As I noted above, this text never changes as operating systems do; it always shows "current and two previous versions of macOS". (It also shows "Apple M1 computers", and hasn't been updated to reflect it also runs on Apple M2 computers as well.)

This discussion has been closed.