Quicken community emails no longer forward to yahoo or outlook from gmail

leishirsute
leishirsute Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

This is from a friend who was unsuccessful trying to post:

I have my Community emails forwarding from my gmail account to my yahoo and outlook accounts. This used to work. Now both Yahoo and Outlook return errors that the email from Quicken is incorrectly formatted and block the emails. Forwarding for non-Quicken emails still works.

Can support possibly replicate this issue and try to fix?

Deluxe R58.9, Windows 11 Pro

Answers

• leishirsute

Additional info: I've added quicken.com to my approved sender list for yahoo and outlook and still no luck. I am able to see the emails reach gmail and gmail forwards them, but they are blocked by Yahoo and Outlook.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You may have to try and talk Yahoo and Outlook Support into whitelisting Quicken.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @leishirsute,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear your friend is running into this problem. I reached out to the proper channels to report the issue. The response I got back is that the issue happens periodically, especially with Yahoo. Even if the sender is on the safe senders list, what can happen is if the email provider sees a lot of messages all coming from the same automated process, they sometimes block the messages on the server side. Has your friend been able to contact Yahoo and/or Outlook to see if they are able to unblock these messages?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• leishirsute

Yahoo and Outlook are difficult to contact and get a response.

However, as I noted earlier, this problem is not occurring for non-Quicken emails with a similar setup. He gets regular emails from the IRS that are forwarded without issues.

• smayer97
    smayer97 Quicken Mac Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

Unfortunately, I experience this with other sites with Yahoo being forwarded emails from gmail. Once they target such a source, it is not likely they will change it back.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.