Chase QFX download OL-221 - QMac (edit)

Options

QFX downloads from Chase credit card account stopped working. A different Chase account still works. Credit card accounts at other banks (Bank of Am, Barclay, Citi) still work. Just this specific Chase online account stopped working. Error message, "Quicken is unable to complete your request [OL-221-A]." Lower in error box, [OL-221-B]

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Mike Hoffman,

In order to make transaction downloads into Quicken possible, financial institutions create specifically-formatted Quicken files. Sometimes, these files are changed in a way that prevents them from downloading into Quicken. 

You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information as well as some troubleshooting steps in regard to an OL-221 error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JeanSW
    JeanSW Member
    Options

@Mike Hoffman

I have also been having this problem since October 3 and found that it is a known alert/problem on this site. See the info below.

NEW 10/11/23 Chase - OL-221-A

Quicken Anja Moderator modOctober 11

Our teams have confirmed and are working on resolving an issue with users trying to connect with Chase receiving a OL-221-A error (error code may differ on Quicken for Mac). It appears to be associated with Credit Card accounts but is not definitive at this moment.

This has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time.

To be notified of updates as they become available, please click the bookmark ribbon located in the upper right. If you do not see the bookmark ribbon, please make sure that you are signed into the Quicken Community. 

Thank you!
    (Ticket #10521142/CTP-7909)

• chudson-pbllp
    chudson-pbllp Member ✭✭
    Options

@JeanSW appreciate you sharing that ticket #.

Additional details on the nature of this issue here (can't post links quite yet): https://old.reddit.com/r/Chase/comments/1743rph/qbo_files_no_longer_work_with_quickbooks_desktop/k5al5jc/

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Chase appears to have fubar'd the QFX download file syntax. (Please don't ask me why …)

Recommend trying to set up (activate) your account for One Step Update downloading in Quicken.
    On the Edit Account Details, Online Services tab, if present, try the "Improve connection" method. Otherwise be sure the account is showing as deactivated and try Tools Menu / Add Account to activate the account and LINK to the existing account register.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UKR note that you have given instructions for Quicken Windows in a Quicken Mac category.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.