How do I edit a post in community

Options
TJTex
TJTex Member ✭✭

I have stated a 'Discussion' in community and now I want to edit that discussion to modify the content but I can't find an Edit button. How do I edit my discussion content or anything that I have posted?

I am using Windows 11 Pro and the latest Chrome browser.

Tagged:

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The 3 dots (…) in the upper right corner of the post has the Edit selection.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @TJTex,

I suggest reviewing this post regarding the Community Ranks and how the point system works.

In order to edit your post, you will need a minimum of 51 points. You currently have 7.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• TJTex
    TJTex Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. I was wondering what was going on. I moved from the US to Canada and in doing so I needed to set up a new profile in order to use the Canadian version of Quicken. In my US profile I have more than 51 points because I was able to edit posts when I living there. I guess I just need to do some contributing once I figure out how the Canadian version works.

• TJTex
    TJTex Member ✭✭
    Options

Sure, but that's only good for 24 hours. After that I can't edit the post.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2023
    Options

@TJTex If you want to post here: (a) a link to your post that you want edited, (b) what it says now, and (c) what you want it edited to, I or someone else here can do that edit for you. After you have a little more activity with the new login, you'll gain the "privilege" of editing your posts. 😉

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There isn't any number of points that is going to get @TJTex the ability to edit his posts after 24 hours. That is reserved for SuperUsers and Moderators.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I don't know how what point level editing privilege time periods are; do you? The page about points says at 51 points "you'll have a little extra time to edit your own posts and answers" and at 100+ points earns "you have even longer to edit your own posts". Do we know what "a little extra time" and "even longer" mean here in the real world of minutes, hours and days? 😉

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I currently have 13.4K points, what do you think this threshold for over a day is? 🤣

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW I think the table you are reading from for the privileges is bogus in some parts. Clearly @TJTex at 7 points can edit his posts for as long as I can. Now if were talking about the "edit controls" like the one to attach files and such that would be a different story because I know firsthand that you have to get number of point they suggest for that.

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.