Incorrect URL with Kohl's Instance

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Kohl's Website In Quicken.

Comments

• Richard Fulhorst
    Options

The site Quicken should be going to for Kohl's is credit.kohls.com. The one they are using is not correct.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Richard Fulhorst

If your financial institution has changed its URL, or you notice that a URL is incorrect, then it will require them to submit a request to have it changed within Quicken. For more detailed information regarding this topic, please take a moment to review the section titled "How can I fix an incorrect Homepage URL?" found in this support article.

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Henney
    Henney Member ✭✭
    Options

If Quicken is displaying an incorrect Homepage URL, the financial institution will need to report this URL change to the Quicken financial services provider through their account manager.

This is the only method, as the financial institution can confirm that the URL in Quicken is truly incorrect and not just experiencing temporary difficulties. Quicken Support cannot make this change. 

My question to quicken management is why can't quicken at least contact the financial institution and get the necessary paper work started in a spirit of helping each other while taking care of us customers who are losing out??

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

are you talking about the Kohls branded credit card -

or the Kohls card for only using at Kohls (which downloads fine for us)

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Henney
    Henney Member ✭✭
    Options

The Kohls card for only using at Kohls. Mine has not worked since approx. 06/23/2023 

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Ps56k2 - You are able to download transactions from Kohls Credit Card? I have not been able to since Jun/Jul. When I tried to do a Reset Account it deactivated the account and since then every time I try Add Account or Set Up Now I get this:

In addition, the Kohl's website shows this:

There are some very long threads with many others saying they are having this same issue. Those who end up talking to Kohl's Customer Service often get the typical "We don't support Quicken" or "It's a Quicken problem" response. But those who have actually talked with Kohl's Tech Support have been told that they are updating their system and that they "hope to be able to support Quicken again sometime in the future".

I just tried to set up with Kohls Credit Card (which is the one I've always been set up with) again and was not successful. If you are still able to download from Kohl's then it would really be helpful to know exactly which FI you are connected to because I have not seen any posts in months that the Kohls Credit Card setup link works.

I also tried to set up with Kohls, which never worked with the Kohl's charge card, and got CC-502 which was no surprise.

I don't see any other FIDIR listings for Kohl's so I don't understand how you are able to download from them when it appears that no one else can. Any insights you can provide on this could be most helpful.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

BTW, there is an Alert posted about this….which has not been updated since 8/7. The Alert really should be updated with something so people know that Quicken is at least aware of the issue.:

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2023
    Options

I have Kohls APPEARING to be working in a datafile that was working before whatever the change they did months ago.

I get no errors and it says it connects BUT the online balance hasn't updated since July so probably not really working. (No transactions so can't really say for sure if they would come in but I doubt it.)

In a copy of that same file, it will NOT let me enable online access.

So to me, it looks like if you don't do anything to disable it (like reset connection etc..) it may still appear to work as mine does but probably not really working. However, there seems to be no way to get it to re-connect or reset connection once the connection is broken.

July 26 was my last balance update even in the file that says it's working.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Sorry - not near my computer to test, but guessing I haven’t used my Kohls for awhile … or to walk thru my old postings from 2021

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2023
    Options

Some have said they see the same thing….OSU shows it is updating but nothing downloads and no error codes. Others have posted they get CC-502/CC-505 error codes (which is what I got before my account got deactivated) or "It's not your fault" error message.

Some people think that the URL shown in Quicken (and the first one shown in the FIDIR list) is how Quicken connects to the financial institution but that is not true. That URL is simply for user-reference only. How Quicken actually connects to financial institutions is different from how we log in. I suspect this is especially true with EWC and EWC+ connections….and Kohl's is an EWC connection.

• sharpo367
    sharpo367 Member ✭✭
    Options

its been 4 months since this problem started. Why can't Quicken & Kohls work together to fix this

• frank6
    frank6 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

what is the latest on this issue, what is the recommended temporary workaround?

• jdhorn3
    jdhorn3 Member ✭✭
    Options

yep… add me to the list. Still doesn't work after 4 months.

• lemme14
    lemme14 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

This is a Quicken problem that for some reason they cannot fix. I have [Removed - 3rd Party Software] as well and there has never been an issue. Still works and never went offline 4-5 months ago when Quicken did.

• elockshine
    elockshine Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm adding my name into the mix as well. When I talk to the CSRs at the Kohls credit department, they have "no script to help you download into any 3rd party" software. They are absolutely clueless. This went down around 7/15/23 for me.

• jdnaz
    jdnaz Member ✭✭
    Options

Well I guess this is one time I can feel bad about not being left out. Let's all band together and accomplish what Quicken cannot.

If everyone who has a Kohl's CC would email and call Kohl's and the bank who sponsors their card and let them know if something isn't done within thirty days to correct this then the credit card account will be closed and your business will go to a clothing retailer who's credit cards do work with Quicken. Keep in mind that any other retailer you might turn to may use the same bank. The retail clothing business is too competitive for us to put up with this insanity. Kohl's and the banks have a common motivator, money. As for Quicken, silence speaks volumes. Communication builds loyalty.

• Steve212@
    Steve212@ Member ✭✭
    Options

Kohl's Credit Card Customer Support doesn't know anything about Quicken. Capital One Bank, who issues the Kohl's Credit Card, doesn't know anything. They sent me back to Kohl's when I asked for Technical Support. - - - Kohl's apparently doesn't have Technical Support.

So, Quicken, how about some help. This credit card has not worked for me since mid-Oct 2023

• cmumathwhiz
    cmumathwhiz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Also, we need to keep in mind that there are two versions of Kohls card now - the new one issued by Capital One and the original one that was managed directly by Kohls.

• phonedoc1
    phonedoc1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This issue has been floating around since about June for me. I've made mention of it in other posts and have never seen a resolution. Just for giggles, I tried just now (2 December 2023 12:30 EST) to set up online and received error message CC-555 "Oops. There is a connection problem.)". It still doesn't work but, if I recall, the error message is different. I believe it previously said something like "We can't complete your request, it's out fault not yours" (SIC) or something like that. Maybe, just maybe, Quicken and Kohls are working on the issue as evidenced by the different error message? Sure hope so. Come on Quicken - be the company I've known and used since the DOS days! 🙃

• hermannj
    hermannj Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken has closed most of the other threads about this. Is that a good sign?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @hermannj,

To answer your question, threads normally get closed when they have been inactive for about a month. If you are wanting to track the status of the issue, I would recommend bookmarking the Community Alert to get any updates (when available) and know when the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SEGC
    SEGC Member
    Options

Not a good sign if they just close issues without resolving them. I turned off auto-renew until they can at least address/admit this is an issue for their users, if not then time to try one of the other packages out their.

• phonedoc1
    phonedoc1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I agree. This is a known issue and I don’t see any updates, progress reports, nothing. I have noticed that the “Download to Quicken” option is no longer available on the Kohls credit card website. Maybe Kohls broke off their relationship with Quicken and the Quicken folks are trying to resolve that with them. Don’t know. Just strange that neither side will say anything. I’ve been a Quicken user since DOS days, I’m comfortable with it and don’t really have any desire to search for a new software solution. Frustrating for sure.

• kathy234311
    kathy234311 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Kohl's has said for some time that its card doesn't work with Quicken, but it did work until about 6 months ago. I called Kohl's customer service, and the rep was utterly clueless. Had never even heard of Quicken and asked me why I would want to connect it to my Kohl's card so I had to give her a basic education in what Quicken IS. She still didn't have a clue what I was talking about—just spouted some scripted answer about how Kohl's doesn't change something. (She had a heavy accent, so it was hard to discern exactly what she was saying.) Then she said they're not aware of Quicken.

I assured her their IT department absolutely IS aware of Quicken and asked her to pass on my request for the Kohl's Card to connect with it. She said she would, but permit me to doubt.

I'm a loyal Kohl's shopper and have had a card for many years, but this is incredibly frustrating.

PS The message I'm getting is that Kohl's is blocking connecting. But even my attempt to run an update completely disabled online connection (as another poster noted), and if I try to re-add it, it's apparently using Kohls.com as the URL. As someone else pointed out here, that is NOT the correct sit to connect to the card—it's the shopping site. Sigh.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

There has been a lot posted about this issue in this Community. Granted, many of those post threads were eventually closed due to lack of user activity (this Community is a users forum so if users stop posting in threads those threads will usually get closed after a month or so).

The Alert that has been posted regarding this says Kohl's is blocking access by Quicken while they (Kohl's) work to fix the issue: Community Alert.

Kohl's has also provided a canned(?) response to me and other users over the past 2-3 months as shown here:

It's pretty obvious that this is a Kohl's issue, not a Quicken issue. I do not expect or anticipate that Quicken will be able to do anything to fix this issue because it is a Kohl's server/software issue and Quicken has no control over that. Kohl's must fix their system before Quicken/Intuit (the aggregator) will be able to do anything to complete the connection setup process. And Kohl's saying they "hope to have the ability to download to Quicken available in the future" does nothing to instill confidence that they will every restore Quicken connectivity….or at a minimum that this issue could go on for a lot longer. As much as I dislike it, I have reverted to manually managing my Kohl's account in Quicken.

I suggest everyone contact Kohl's at https://cs.kohls.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/623 and put some pressure on them to fix the issue. (FYI—Front line customer service folks at financial institutions often know absolutely nothing about Quicken. If you call them and run into that type of person, ask to speak with their supervisor. Or, do as I did and send them a message from inside your online account. That is how I got the reply I posted here.) If enough of their customers do that then maybe they will elevate the priority for getting this fixed.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@kathy234311 -

But even my attempt to run an update completely disabled online connection (as another poster noted), and if I try to re-add it, it's apparently using Kohls.com as the URL. As someone else pointed out here, that is NOT the correct sit to connect to the card—it's the shopping site. Sigh.

Please clarify what you mean by "attempt to run an update completely disabled online connection". I'd like to understand what that process is that you followed.

Also, where are you getting the URL from? When my Kohl's card was still set up for downloads I clicked on the URL link shown for Kohl's Credit Card on Add Account and it took me to the credit card login webpage. However, if I clicked on the www.kohls.com URL shown for Kohl's (not Kohl's Credit Card) it took me to the Kohl's store site. So, these appeared to me to be correct but maybe you are getting it from a different area in Quicken than I am?

BTW, those links shown in Add Account are for user reference (we click on it and it takes us to the login webpage we use). But Quicken connects (i.e., logs into) to the financial institutions differently than we do.

This discussion has been closed.