Chase credit card activity will not download

Options
RCJH!
RCJH! Member

This has not worked for a long time. I called both Chase and Quicken a year or so ago. They, of course, point the finger at each other. Quicken identifies the incoming data as a savings account and will not let me change it to a credit card account. So, I cannot link them. I have tried deactivating, etc. No joy.

I check every in a while, hoping that at some point they will get around to fixing it. No joy until one day I was able to download a QFX file and it would let me bring it in to the credit card account in quicken (instead of forcing me to use a savings account). Woohoo! Better than nothing.

But then…. today I got a syntax error. Back to entering everything by hand.

I've had connection issues with another financial institution as well. Again lots of finger pointing at each other. That one did eventually get fixed with no one ever owning up.

Quicken touting new and improved anything makes me roll my eyes as this one important piece is so bad I can't imagine anything else working well enough to cause me to recommend Quicken to anyone.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @RCJH!,

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RCJH! if the error you are seeing is OL-221, you may find this discussion helpful:

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

it seems like several different problems… let's try one at a time -
    Did you go thru the Chase / Quicken migration awhile ago from the Direct Connect to the Express Web Connect+ protocols…

You have a Chase account -
    - what type/s of accounts….. Checking, Savings, Debit Card, Branded Credit Card ?

We have a Chase account - with 2 Checking, Savings, 2 debit cards for ATMs, and a United credit card -
    all work just fine with Quicken One Step Update downloading.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.