"Ongoing" posts to the start of the forum that are months old are? (Solution suggested by Jim_Harman

Options
Chris_QPW
Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in The Water Cooler

They don't seem very useful to me, and I have to constantly scroll over them to get at the new posts. Some of them haven't been update since June. And no, I'm not asking for the useless "No ETA" updates every once in a while. I just question pinning something like that to the start of the forum. I would think pinning something to the start would be "relevant" information that most users need to know about.

Signature:
This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try clicking on the 3 dots at the top right of the post and then click on Dismiss.

That should remove it from the top of list.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

+1 for this idea

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do not "folllow" the category "Alerts, Online Banking & Known Product Issues" so I don't see these generally. If one shows up, I just Dismiss it, which unpins it, putting it in order with other posts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try clicking on the 3 dots at the top right of the post and then click on Dismiss.

That should remove it from the top of list.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Jim_Harman I didn’t know you could dismiss them. Learned something new today. Thanks!

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

It's a common complaint from people that "ONGOING" and "UPDATE" without any real, meaningful commentary updates are a point of frustration that often seems to lead to a lot of anger. It gives them the impression that Quicken is not doing anything about the issue because they are often nothing more than canned updates.

There have been some (few) updates to these "ONGOING" and "UPDATE" Alerts that are actually saying something that people find informative, useful and helpful and provide them with some hope and encouragement. IMHO, there needs to be much more of these types of informative updates.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, for some reason I had discovered that in the past and then forgot about it.

Thanks again for the reminder.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.