Tax Reports opens with wrong year

Options
harterpk
harterpk Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in Reports (Windows)

There was a discussion on this that has been closed, but it's still broken.

If I try to create a report for a tax schedule (A, B, or D), quicken gives me a drop down to choose 2023, 2022, or 2021. If I use 2023, the report comes up with tax year 2005!!

If I try to customize, I can choose a different year, and that seems to work, but it seems the default choice should work as well!!

Tagged:

Comments

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yea, it's been like that all year.

All you can do is to use the Report a Problem that is under Help and you could contact Support at
    https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Scroll down for Phone or Chat info.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

(Edit: Corrected a typo…in bold italics below.)

But I think the issue that @harterpk is reporting is different from what you had reported in the thread you referenced. In the thread you referenced it was that the default year for these reports pops up as 2022 instead of 2023, which I had confirmed is an issue for me, too. But I was able to manually select 2023.

The issue that this user posted is that manually selecting 2023 will change the report to 2005, not 2023. I could not replicate this issue.

I do agree that this should be reported to Quicken via phone or chat or perhaps even Report a Problem (under the Help menu in Quicken).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac

You are right. But he also said, "There was a discussion on this that has been closed" which led me to my OP.

I just read his post again and he said, "If I use 2023, the report comes up with tax year 2005!!"
    That 2005 is different and strange. He might have meant 2025.??

I can not reproduce what he said.

Note: I do have my Reports Customized for the current year.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In that cited (closed) discussion, @Beijing Mac indicated he presented a situation when the report opened for 2004. I now duplicated that case, starting from the Reports / EasyAnswer / Tax pathway. Mine opened to a 2005 year one time. After subsequently opening a report normally Reports / Tax … , the report opened for the correct (2023) year. Very odd.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@q_lurker

I will now admit that I do see Tax year 2005 shows up when using Reports / EasyAnswer / Tax pathway.

I always use Report - Tax and then pick what I want to produce.
    When I go to Reports - My Saved Reports the Easy Answer box shows up. This where I manage (rename, if needed) my Reports.

Still needs to be fixed. 2024 is coming up fast.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@jl747 -

I just read his post again and he said, "If I use 2023, the report comes up with tax year

2005!!"
    That 2005 is different and strange. He might have meant 2025.??

Thanks for catching my typo. I corrected my previous post from "2025" to "2005". And, yes, I do agree that is very odd.

When I just now pulled up the default Sch A, B and D reports I was not able to duplicate the 2005 year issue. They still default to 2022 but I can manually change them to 2023 and save then them with that year.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2023
    Options

I was not able to duplicate this issue…maybe because I've opened the reports previously?

At any rate, in Reports and Graphs Center and via the EasyAnswer pathway these reports default to 2023 for me. Not sure why doing the quick pick from the Reports menu they still default to 2022. I would think that the quick pick reports would point to the default reports in Reports and Graphs Center but that does not appear to be the case. What are they then pointing to?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-8058)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Another example:

First action upon opening the file. Supposed to be tax year 2023. Report header says 2029. Data from 2023. Subsequent ventures along the same path seem to behave properly.

PS: Reported same via Report a problem.

This discussion has been closed.