Renewal date is not transfered to Quicken, again

Options
Danielle Dallaire
Danielle Dallaire Member ✭✭✭

Hi,

I used Quicken last weekend and it was working perfectly as I could download transactions and update my portfolio.

Today, Quicken has started to tell me again that I had to renew my subscription to access these features. I say again because I during last september, none of these would work. The application didn't know I had renewed on September 1st, because of the Webview runtime 2 issue. The problem was so big for me that I made an official complain and got a month free.

It seems today, Quicken has got a new problem affecting my subscription. I join 2 screen shots.

Am I the only one ? Do I have to loose time on the phone again ?

Can you help me ?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Danielle Dallaire,

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,
    did that help or are you still getting the "Check Internet Connection" error?

If so, …

1. To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
      If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in
    2. Have you recently enabled a VPN?
      If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, reboot with VPN disabled and see if that helps.
    3. Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    4. If you're running Quicken and Windows under a VM, ensure that the VM does not block any incoming or outgoing IP ports.
    5. Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
      Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.
      For example, in McAfee Firewall, one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
      See https://www.quicken.com/support/configuring-firewalls
      Check your firewall settings and ensure the following three entries are present: If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center for assistance.
    6. In Windows 11 or older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
      Click the Advanced tab.
      Scroll down the list to "Use TLS 1.x" and click to put checkmarks on all available choices even though some of them are no longer supported: "Use TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 (if available)"
      Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
      Click Apply. Reboot.
    7. If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC
    8. Please let us know which of the above solved your problem.

• AZSnowbird3401
    AZSnowbird3401 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

I am having a similar issue. Auto renewal went through and my account online reflects a November 2024 renewal date, The program is showing my "membership" expires January 2024.

Contacted Quicken Support and they were of no help - said I should wait for the program to synch with Quicken servers. It's been several days now and no change so come January 2024 can I expect a program to cease performing?

I have logged out of Quicken and logged back in; I have checked my firewall and all Quicken items are allowed; I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still get an incorrect date on the Help/About Quicken dialogue box.

In researching this issue, it seems to be an ongoing saga for some users so hasn't a universal solution been discovered by Quicken Support?

Not sure what to do next as this needs to be solved before January.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have more than one Quicken ID?
    Which Quicken ID do you use in Quicken for Windows? Which Quicken ID was used to log on to your account at quicken.com? Are they the same or different?
    Does being a Beta tester throw another wrinkle into that ballgame?

• AZSnowbird3401
    AZSnowbird3401 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

I own two Quicken products - they have separate log in emails and passwords and all is working well in my Canadian Quicken product. Each product has a separate login for quicken.com.

You bring up a good point with beta testing. I am a beta tester and conduct testing on an older laptop. I have not participated in the recent testing as product options being tested did not apply and so have not downloaded the beta version for some time. It could be that the January date relates to beta testing and as you pointed out is throwing a wrinkle into the mix.

This discussion has been closed.