Projected Balances Feature Not working Properly

Options
Don42@
Don42@ Member ✭✭

I have recently started noticing that the Projected Balances feature is not working properly. One specific type of transaction, paying credit card bill from checking account, displays continuing errors. The payment transaction displays correctly on the Bills and Income list, but the payment does not appear on the Projected Balances screen in the graph, on either the checking account ot the credit card account lines, and does not calculate correctly in the Payment list. For example, there is a scheduled payment to my credit card company of $8,961.30 on 11/17/23. The graph does not display this at all and the calculation on the list is incorrect. The list shows a balance in checking on 11/16 of $16,748.75, the payment amount on 11/17 and a closing balance of $16,748.75 on 11/17. So, the calculation deducts $8,961.30 from $16,748.75 and shows a closing balance of $16,748.75?????

This is a SERIOUS problem since I use the projection to determine when to transfer money to my checking account to cover potential shortages. This needs to be fixed ASAP!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Don42@,

Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps for this issue—these steps may resolve things for you, but if not, please come back and post more about your experience so we can investigate. 

First, backup your Quicken file.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the problem persists after performing the steps requested by @Quicken Jasmine ,
    please do this:

• What version and release of Quicken are you running? Click Help / About Quicken to get the R xx.xx number
    • Capture some screen snapshots of the Projected Balances view and the register view, showing the credit card payment transaction

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Don42@
    Don42@ Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine's procedures did not solve the problems reported. Moving on to UKR's plan tomorrow. Looks like a LOT of work! Will re-post when done.

• Don42@
    Don42@ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I have attached two screenshots for your review. The one ending in 7_55-04 is the Bills & Income screen showing the transaction at issue, a payment due to Chase Visa of $8,961.30 on 11/17/23 to be paid from my credit union checking account. The one ending in 7_57_47 is the Projected Balances screen. Please note the following:

1. There is no transaction shown for 11/17 on either the checking account line or the Chase Visa line.
    2. The calculation shown on the Upcoming Bills and Income table for the 11/17 is clearly incorrect. The Visa payment of $8,961.30 is NOT deducted from the amount shown for the previous day.

Hope you can help me fix this!

D. Eager

[Edited and Replaced Screenshots for Privacy]

• Don42@
    Don42@ Member ✭✭
    Options

Also forgot to mention that I have this same exact problem for a Bank of America Visa payment due a few days after this Chase payment.

• Don42@
    Don42@ Member ✭✭
    Options

Still hoping for some help with this! If nobody here can do so, where should I go for additional help?

• Don42@
    Don42@ Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for NO help!!!

This discussion has been closed.