Quicken Classic - Cloud Sync function NOT working (see error message bellow)

Options

For several days, I have been unable to perform the Cloud Sync function in Quicken Classic. An error message is presented during each attempt as follows: "Quicken's online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least ten minutes, then try again."

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @GEOFF LAURIN,

To resolve this error, please refer to the troubleshooting instructions found in this Community FAQ.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GEOFF LAURIN
    Options

Okay, I'll take a look. Thanks

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

You're welcome! Let us know if you have any trouble or any additional questions.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BARBARA CLARK
    Options

As a senior citizen and long-time Quicken user, I'm very disappointed I'm not able to access Quicken. I do NOT want to turn off onedrive because I use it for other programs.

This is very frustrating… if I'm unable to fix it, I will need to cancel subscription.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @BARBARA CLARK,

Thank you for joining this thread.

Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps located in the FAQ that @Quicken Anja provided?

We strongly advise against saving your main data file on an external hard drive or a Cloud-based backup location such as OneDrive (as well as any other cloud-based drive folders) as this can cause irreversible data damage and/or corruption. For this reason, we strongly recommend keeping your main data file saved only on your local hard drive. By default, Quicken data files are saved and located in the following pathway; C:\Users\"Username"\Documents\Quicken (see example below). 

Moving your main data file to be stored in a folder located on your local hard drive rather than an external and/or cloud-based drive may also help prevent the issue you are currently experiencing.

Please, refer to this support article for more information in regards to storing data files on cloud-based services.

Backup files, however, are fine to be saved to cloud-based drives.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.