Enhancement Request: Report Listing Attachments

Options
DDub
DDub Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Reports

I would like to request the creation of a report that lists transactions which have attachments. The report would include columns for (1) Account Name, (2) Transaction Date, (3) Payee, (4) Attachment File Name. This will help with two goals: (1) It will allow me to verify that I have attached all documents to the transactions, and (2) It will allow me to verify that I have attached the correct document to each transaction (I name the documents using a date which I can match to the transaction date). Report might be filtered by payee, account, date range, etc.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @DDub,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't believe this is possible. Quicken does not preserve the filenames of attachments. If I attach "receipt-20231211.pdf" and then open it from Quicken, I get some random hexadecimal filename like 00F71C6F.pdf.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is really needed isn't just a report. And it has been requested before (and pretty much faded into history, like this suggestion will) and that is a full attachment system where you can browse them, and open/delete/export them one at a time of multiple at a time.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • DDub
    DDub Member ✭✭
    Options

No, what I want IS A REPORT. I want essentially the ability to do an audit about what invoices and receipts have and have not been attached to it's transaction.