Pentagon PenFed PFCU unable to download x (QMac) [Edited]

Options
Don89
Don89 Member ✭✭✭

This is the second day of being unable to download transactions from Pentagon Federal CU. The error code is "FI_TIMEOUT (FDP-102)".

Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Don89,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10554198)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Don89,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10554198)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• QU01knom
    QU01knom Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also having the same issue again. this is the 3rd or 4th time in the last several months. Very frustrating!

• daa5
    daa5 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic/Speculation]

• CJQ
    CJQ Member
    Options

Mine was working fine until the 10th…then an update was installed and now nothing works. And I can't even manually add the transactions because it won't import QIF files or read the CSV files. This happens every time there's an update. I'm about done with this program.

• Fighter Pilot
    Fighter Pilot Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have been getting an error code of CC-502 for the last several days of trying to download transactions from Pentagon FCU. With this code, Quicken notes say to not deactivate and reactivate the accounts. I've tried everything else. Any ideas when this problem will go away?

• hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options

CC-502 for ne too. First saw it today, but I haven't tried to download anything for over a week.

• mike132
    mike132 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been having the same problem "AGGREGATION_IN_PROGRESS(REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS) was the latest error message. Several other error messages have also been received in the last week. What is with Quicken? Oh, BTW, I've received a notice to renew my 'subscription' to Quicken. This latest problem has just added to the problems over the past year. Will I re-subscribe?

• mike132
    mike132 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

STILL NO RESPONSE FROM SUPPORT! What is happening with PFCU? This issue popped up in the past and mysteriously fixed. Unfortunately, it's now going on 2 weeks with no response from Quicken. What's the problem, and why does it keep happening? [Removed - 3rd Party Software] anyone?

• sajoslin
    sajoslin Member ✭✭
    Options

I am still encountering download problems from my Pentagon FCU accounts with Quicken, error FDP-102. Looks like this has been reported since at least 18 November as evidenced on this string. Would Quicken support consider providing an update in this string for those of us currently in limbo? The silence is pretty tough. The error message says to contact Quicken support if encountered for over 24 hours, so just trying to follow the process.

• QU01knom
    QU01knom Member ✭✭
    Options

If this issue continues as in past issues with Pentagon FCU, you will see the same response as posted on November 18th over and over again. In the past with PFCU issues, there is very little information and no ETA's, then magically it is resolved after several days or weeks with no notification. I hate to be cynical about this but Quicken doesn't seem to know how to follow any kind of process standards. I hope I am wrong but we will see!

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

See this post. Quicken is aware of the problem - but no news since 11/9/23

• JBChiles
    JBChiles Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been getting the CC-502 error for over a week now.

• Theover
    Theover Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

[Removed - Speculation/Rant]

• william_price2
    Options

I have been having the same problem since last week. I see that the problem has been around for awhile. I would think the Quicken staff would be all over this, although there seems to be problems with a number of other banks and credit unions. Since there is no ETA, would it be better if I converted to manual downloads, rather than using the automatic update? Even when the auto update was working, it was remarkably slow compared to updates from Fidelity.

• thekrash62
    Options

Many of us who have PFCU accounts also have Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) accounts. And TSP accounts aren't working either. I have had PFCU error since it was reported on November 9th.

• messickbk
    messickbk Member ✭✭
    Options

This has been an ongoing issue for the past couple of years. Like this year, I think this occurred last fall (2022) AND the screen scraping was the culprit then as it is today. After a couple of months, it started working again. Very frustrating!

• JBChiles
    JBChiles Member ✭✭
    Options

Does anyone know if Quicken uses the screen scraping method to get the data from PFCU?

• madgijoe
    madgijoe Member ✭✭
    Options

Been having these problems off and on ever since PFCU started changing their website, maybe the problems would resolve if PFCU would go back. It appears this change is not progress at least not for customers.

• Jean B
    Jean B Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I spoke with a Pentagon FCU rep the other day. I was told they will not allow Quicken to download transactions automatically due to the method that Quicken uses to get the data. I believe they called it "screen scraping" the data. Until Quicken changes their method of data gathering, we will all have to do manual updates.

Also, in the new PFCU website, they do not offer QXF downloads. You have to access the old website to do that: At the top of the Penfed Accounts screen, click on Other Actions; More Account Options. This gets you to the old website. Then click on Main Menu. There you will see everything as it used to be. For credit cards, click on More Account Info And Actions in the box for the Credit card you want to download; click on Download Transactions from the dropdown menu. Click the box for the transactions you want to download, choose QXF Format and it will download those selected transactions.

• Fighter Pilot
    Fighter Pilot Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Wow! Why does it matter so much to PFCU and all these other major institutions allow Quicken to do it. And, if this is true why doesn't Quicken tell their customers exactly what is going on instead of "We're working on it"?

• Don89
    Don89 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

We had this same issue earlier this year. The details were discussed on reddit, but never in this support forum.

• hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options

It's a security exposure to the institutions and can look like fraudulent activity hitting their website. Penfed seems sensitive to it.

Your second question is more interesting to me. Quicken needs to fess up.

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options

My ticket on this issue was opened in mid-November. I sent an email today and discovered that my "ticket has been closed" — without solving the problem. My only conclusion is that Quicken has given up on some of us.

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options

I got the following reply from PenFed. In short, this capability will NOT be supported by PenFed:

"Third-party applications can use a variety of means to access your data, one of these options is called screen-scraping. After careful consideration, PenFed has decided not to allow the collection of data through screen-scraping at this time; therefore, connecting to those type of programs, such as Quicken, Mint, and Ramp may be blocked. Applications that use alternative means of data collection are still allowed and should work as intended."

Does anyone know what these "alternative means" are? Is there an alternative to Quicken that does work?

• graepers
    graepers Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Quicken needs to let ALL of us know what's going on. Quickens lack of communication to those of us who are having problems with and who have reported this "no connection with Pentagon Federal Credit Union" issue, is irresponsible and frustrating. It shows a lack of concern towards Quicken Faithful. I've been a loyal Quicken user since before Quicken 2007 was released. But I'm getting very frustrated with and disappointed in Quickens customer service. If there were a better personal/business accounting software out there, I would abandon Quicken on the spot.

• QU01knom
    QU01knom Member ✭✭
    Options

Good luck with getting an update from quicken. Past experiences suggest any update will be a canned response that will say they know about it and do not have an ETA.

I tried some of the possible replacement software available on the market. Most are overly simplistic and don't include ability to track investments. I also found ones that I kinda thought might work but didn't connect with Pentagon and had limited banks they could connect to.

This is the 4th time if I remember correctly that this has happened with PFCU this year and is the ultimate frustration. Also PFCU has changed their overall online systems. They have provided the ability to download but have not included the ability to download specific transactions. Only have the ability to download "all" transactions or by "date". And I have been unable to download from credit card accounts.

When/if this is resolved, downloading previous transactions will likely create a big mess with duplicate transactions and unbalanced accounts. I have 6 accounts and really worried how to keep things up to date so I don't have to spend hours/days working on a solution. If I just create new accounts and download, it will balance but only include a limited amount of transactions. I have been a Quicken subscriber ever since Microsoft discontinued MS Money and have years of transactions. 😫

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The problem appears to be at PenFed not Quicken. I'm Pen Fed-up!

• JBChiles
    JBChiles Member ✭✭
    Options

I have about a dozen accounts, including PenFed. I know PenFed says that they don't allow screen-scraping because it is insecure, but if it's so bad, why do all the others allow it?

I agree with some of the comments in this thread that say Quicken should be trying to fix the problem. But I'm not sure they are.

I have notified PenFed that I am suspending use of their credit card until this issue is resolved. It may help if others did the same thing.

Next, I'll probably drop Quicken.

• graepers
    graepers Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I'm with you JBChiles!

I told PenFed that I have suspended any use of the PenFed VISA and I had them transfer all but $5.00 from PenFed savings to my local Credit Union that DOES communicate with Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.