Can you get reports with an offline account on Mac?

Options
fbkaylor
fbkaylor Member
edited December 2023 in Reports (Mac)

Quicken version 7.3.2

Answers

• fbkaylor
    fbkaylor Member
    Options

All of my transactions are greyed out under transactions.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @fbkaylor,

If you don’t mind, could please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2023
    Options

What do you mean when you refer to an "offline account"?

What do you mean your "transactions are grayed out under transactions"? Do you mean the Transactions menu? Or the actual transaction register when you click on one of your accounts in the left sidebar?

More information will definitely help us help you! 😉

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • fbkaylor
    fbkaylor Member
    Options

Transactions are greyed out as shown in attachment.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2023
    Options

Yes, the Transactions menu still works with an account that is not set up for online access, but you have to be looking at the register of the account and have a transaction selected. If no transaction is selected, or if you're looking at something else like the Dashboard, then all the items on that menu will be grayed out.

But I don't see what that has to do with reports.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@fbkaylor Your screenshot doesn't show the active Quicken window. Did you close the main Quicken window? If so, press Command-1 to bring it back. As @Jon says, the Transactions menu will be grayed out if you haven't clicked on an account or account group in the left sidebar. But the main window and the Transactions don't affect selecting or creating a report, so I'm likewise confused why you're concerned with the Transactions menu if you're trying to create a report. Perhaps you can further explain what it is you're trying to do.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • fbkaylor
    fbkaylor Member
    Options

Thanks, guys. Appreciate your efforts and comments. I will try your suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.