Connections issues with Fidelity Rewards Visa (QMac)

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Fidelity Rewards Visa ... Again!

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6 Answer ✓
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine - I think that the Alert you posted does not apply to this situation. It seems to me that this is more related to the Fidelity transition from EWC to EWC+ (I know, QWin wording….in QMac it will still be called Quicken Connect even though the connection method is changed).

In QWin, the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card option in Add Accounts no longer exists and that appears to be due at least in part to the broad changes being implemented by Fidelity. It is my understanding that any QWin user who wants to download the Fidelity credit card transactions must now use the alternate financial institution of Elan Financial Services (the issuer of the card and which for the most part is pretty reliable).

Those who wish to download the transactions for their Fidelity Rewards Visa might want to seriously consider setting up their account connection with Elan Financial Services, instead. You will first need to set up an online account with Elan first (at https://www.myaccountaccess.com/onlineCard/login.do?loc=0000&theme=elan1 ). It has been working pretty well even through most of all of the connection issues that have afflicted the Fidelity Rewards CC connection over the past year…..many posts by both QMac and QWin users about how well it has been working when the Fidelity Rewards CC has not been working.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• aschro
    aschro Member
    Options

100% same problem still broken, have tried multiple times. I either leave Fidelity Visa or I leave Quicken, this is absurd.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @aschro,

To troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Which connection are you using? Fidelity Rewards Visa or Elan Financial Services? Are you getting any error messages/error codes? If not, what is happening when you try to update or add the account(s)?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• aschro
    aschro Member
    Options

Hi Kristina, I used to Fidelity, have tried Elan, both to no effect. At some point in the troubleshooting I removed online access, and now I can't get back in. It just tells me my credentials are incorrect, which is of course wrong because I copy/paste the credentials and they work on the actual sites. I've been trying periodically for months. As this is my main card, it's become quite the chore to go back to manual management.

I've tried signing in and out of quicken online, etc., nothing so far.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @aschro,

We do currently have an active alert regarding various error messages with Fidelity Rewards Credit Cards, this could be contributing to the issues that you are experiencing. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it for all further information.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6 Answer ✓
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine - I think that the Alert you posted does not apply to this situation. It seems to me that this is more related to the Fidelity transition from EWC to EWC+ (I know, QWin wording….in QMac it will still be called Quicken Connect even though the connection method is changed).

In QWin, the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card option in Add Accounts no longer exists and that appears to be due at least in part to the broad changes being implemented by Fidelity. It is my understanding that any QWin user who wants to download the Fidelity credit card transactions must now use the alternate financial institution of Elan Financial Services (the issuer of the card and which for the most part is pretty reliable).

Those who wish to download the transactions for their Fidelity Rewards Visa might want to seriously consider setting up their account connection with Elan Financial Services, instead. You will first need to set up an online account with Elan first (at https://www.myaccountaccess.com/onlineCard/login.do?loc=0000&theme=elan1 ). It has been working pretty well even through most of all of the connection issues that have afflicted the Fidelity Rewards CC connection over the past year…..many posts by both QMac and QWin users about how well it has been working when the Fidelity Rewards CC has not been working.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• dh77
    dh77 Member
    Options

I have a Fidelity Visa and Quicken Mac - and had to set up an account with Elan as the Boatnmaniac suggested, then it worked. Thanks maniac.

This discussion has been closed.