Accounts no longer sync to web

Options
domtrump
domtrump Member ✭✭

Been using Quicken for Windows for MANY years. Whatever year it became available, I started synching my quicken to the cloud so that I could access my accounts from the web or the mobile app. Then I could enter transactions while on the go and then sync back to my desktop when I got home and vice versa. This worked fine for a long time. Until recently. Now, it does not work at all.

On the Desktop, it shows all the accounts that I have set up to sync (15 accounts - the same 15 I have always used). I sync to the cloud and it says it was successful.

But now, when I sign into the Web, I get "Hello.

It looks like you have not synced your accounts yet"

Um, I just did… and you said it was successful. It has always worked fine before. Does the same thing with the mobile app on my iPhone. Not sure when or what happened. So when it said it successfully synched to the cloud, where exactly did it go? I only have one Quicken ID (my e-mail address). What is going on? How can I get this functionality back? Does this have something to do with the recent "re-branding" to Quicken Classic? Just need it fixed. Please advise.

Comments

• domtrump
    domtrump Member ✭✭
    Options

This is a critical issue. I do not see a method to e-mail Support directly, so I guess I will be calling on the phone this morning.

• domtrump
    domtrump Member ✭✭
    Options

No one responds on this forum I guess, but I thought I would post the result for anyone who has this issue in the future. There were no troubleshooting steps I could perform on my own. Had to CALL (no e-mail support available - very inconvenient) tech support. They had to RESET my cloud data environment (required a Quicken manager's approval). Was on the support call for over an hour. After the support call ended, had to re-sync. This took several hours. Now able to sync between cloud and desktop again.

• teeann
    teeann Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just wondering where you called? I just get a message that they are closed and no hours are given.

• teeann
    teeann Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Note - I am a subscriber to Quicken Classic PC Windows 11 R53.16 if that helps*

I'm not sure what you reply means? when I click on "posted hours of operation" above it tells me I do not have authorization.

Anyway, I am getting a message that "We are unable to contact the Quicken server, This is usually temporary" just wondering if this is just me or if quicken server is down?

My file opens for a second then tells me I have to sign in. Is there any way to bypass this?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you are getting "Oops, something went wrong" or "Check Internet Connection" …

• Your browser must allow popups from https://www.quicken.com for chat/phone support selections to function. See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7870684/faq-talk-to-support-does-not-respond#latest
    • To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
      If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in
    • Have you recently enabled a VPN?
      If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, reboot with VPN disabled and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • If you're running Quicken and Windows under a VM, ensure that the VM does not block any incoming or outgoing IP ports.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
      Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.
      For example, in McAfee Firewall, one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
      See Check your firewall settings and ensure the following three entries are present:
      If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center for assistance.
    • In Windows 11 or older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
      Click the Advanced tab.
      Scroll down the list to "Use TLS 1.x" and click to put checkmarks on all available choices even though some of them are no longer supported: "Use TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 (if available)"
      Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
      Click Apply. Reboot.
    • If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC

• teeann
    teeann Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, but that is not the message I am getting. The message is as I typed above. I was in my Windows 11 Quicken Classic yesterday without a hitch. I haven’t even looked at my computer since then. Today is crashing and now won’t even let me open my file. I guess I have to wait until Monday to call. Funny thing, they just changed my yearly $65 renewal yesterday… now today, the first problem I have had in years.

• domtrump
    domtrump Member ✭✭
    Options

yeah, I called here: Visit www.quicken.com/contact-support or call us at 650-250-1900 during office hours Mon - Fri, 5 AM to 5 PM (Pacific)

they were very knowledgeable and did a screen share on my system to guide me through the solution

This discussion has been closed.