R53.16 - One Step Update Problems

Options

Starting on 11/7, I started having problems with One Step Update. American Express, Citi and Chase accounts all stopped downloading transactions, while my Baird, UBS and Wells Fargo accounts still work fine. No errors shown either.

I tried to delete and add online access which has worked in the past with these type issues. Didn't work this time. Any ideas how to resolve?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Helly @Flyboy01!,

To start with, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Adience
    Adience Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi I have the same issue as OP. I didn't use the software for a couple weeks. When I opened it on Nov 15, it said it was upgraded to lately Version R53.16.

When I proceeded to do One Step Update, I think some accounts finished updated but some didn't, because the One Step Update window never went away and it was grey'ed out stuck at "processing data". it didn't give me the option to "cancel update". I had to go to Task Manager to end the program. Unfortunately I didn't pay attantion at that time which account had issue updating.

I left it alone for a few days thinking maybe the connection issue will just solve itself.

I've been trying again and again yesterday Nov 17 and today Nov 18. Now none of the accounts would update including: Amex credit card, Chase (banking accounts and credit cards), Optum Bank, and a Vemno. It just stuck at "processing data" indefinitively. I would have to use task manager to force quit the software.

If I open the software without updating, I see that my Amex expenses were up to date till Nov 15 (The first time I opened after 2 weeks). My Chase accounts have some entries up to Nov 11, but between Nov 8 and Nov 11, some expenses are missing. But I didn't even open the program since those days, so it must have been the Nov 15 update that brought some of these entries in but not all of them.

I tried to sign out and sign in suggestion you made above but it didn't work. here is a screenshot. It's just stuck at "processing data" forever.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Adience,

Since refreshing the login token did not correct the issue, the next step is to check for file specific issues. To do this, please try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Flyboy01!
    Options

Anja,

Tried to fix exactly as you suggested by signing out of Quicken ID. Same result.

Looks like many folks are experiencing this after the new release.

I tried to deactivate and reinstall AMEX from online services and that didn't work either.

Thanks! Please let us know if there is any resolution in the near future!

Flyboy01!

• Adience
    Adience Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina,

I tried both, neither worked. The first Validate process picked up a couple (in my opinion) minor errors, one was a date on a transaction, another related to one reminder entry. Everything else was fine. And the Super Validate picked up no error first try. See attached log.

One Step Update continues to not work. I even tried connecting to each of my 4 linked financial institution accounts at a time to see if one would work while others don't. No cigar.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @Adience,

The next step is to restore a backup from before the issue started (if possible) and test to see if the issue persists in the newly restored file.

@Flyboy01!,

What is happening when you try to update those accounts? For instance, does One Step Update act like it worked, but shows 0 downloaded transactions? Are you getting any error messages or error codes?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Flyboy01!
    Options

Works as normal but no downloaded transactions for AMEX only. No error codes shown either.

Curiously, 'completed' at the end of the download is in black rather than green like the others.

Flyboy01!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @Flyboy01!,

If this is happening only with American Express, then you may be encountering this known issue:

In your original post, you mentioned a couple other financial institutions were also not downloading. Are those downloading now?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• cyrill
    cyrill Member
    Options

I have the same issue. The last downloaded transaction was from Nov 10. I tried to activate/deactivate and reset the account. Every time it goes through the reauthorization process, links with the existing account, and tells me that it has downloaded transactions for 1400-some days. But no new transactions are listed.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @cyrill,

I would recommend that you start troubleshooting by following the steps from this article on when transactions are missing or not downloading: https://www.quicken.com/support/missing-some-transactions-when-downloading-bank .

If you are encountering this issue with an American Express account, please take note of the Community Alert I mentioned earlier in this thread:

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Check your account registers for each of the affected accounts. Directly beneath the Account Name at the top left of the register do you see the date and time of the last download and does it say what the connection method is? You should see something that looks like what is shaded in yellow in this picture (but the connection method might be different).:

If you do not see anything listed in the yellow shaded area, then it likely means one of the following.:

• The account is not set up for downloading: Then you will need to try doing Add Account or Set Up Now and make sure to Link what is downloaded to the account that already exists in Quicken.
    • There might be a runtime.dat file corruption issue: The fix is not difficult but it can take a little time to complete, especially if you have a lot of accounts in your data file. To view the step-by-step process for fixing a runtime.dat corruption issue, click on the following link and scroll up the thread to my 4/1/2023 post: Time date stamp [of last account update].

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Flyboy01!
    Options

Kristina:

All accounts are downloading correctly EXCEPT AMEX.

Flyboy01!

• Jmarcelia
    Jmarcelia Member ✭✭
    Options

same here. Amex worked great for 5years and now nothing since Nov 7th

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your responses @Flyboy01! and @Jmarcelia,

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10595083)

Quicken Kristina

• Adience
    Adience Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina, restored to a backup worked. thankfully the backup only lost a couple days of transactions which was no big deal. I waited a few days and see how syncing would work to make sure it's truly resolved, and it seems like it. thanks!

• Jmarcelia
    Jmarcelia Member ✭✭
    Options

if I restore a backup, I lose 20 days of data…is there another solution??

• kmillerrr
    kmillerrr Member ✭✭
    Options

For the record, I'm having the same problems with most of my accounts - my credit union, Chase credit cards, American Express Credit Cards, and sometimes my Wells Fargo accounts. It all started in the last couple weeks, around the same time as others have reported here and on other threads. The only way I can get transactions to download is by resetting my accounts, over & over. Not tenable!

Clearly Quicken has introduced a new problem with the latest release(s). This needs to be fixed, rather than having us try useless measures that don't do a thing.

• kmillerrr
    kmillerrr Member ✭✭
    Options

Update: I spoke too soon: As of today, none of the aforementioned transactions EVER download. Not even when I reset the accounts, and not even when I deactivate online services for them entirely and then add back. The Community Alert mentioned above pertains only to AmEx transactions, but in my case it affects nearly* all accounts (sometimes Wells Fargo still downloads, sometimes not)

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Jmarcelia,

To further assist, could you please provide more information? Which financial institutions are you having this issue with? Are you getting any error messages? When did the issue start?

Hello @kmillerrr,

There is a Community Alert for Chase not downloading/missing transactions also.

Could you please provide a bit more info about the credit union and Wells Fargo not downloading? When did this issue start? Are you getting any error messages/error codes?

Since you mention it is affecting nearly all your accounts, if you haven't done so already, I recommend following the directions in @Quicken Anja's post earlier in this thread:

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Jmarcelia
    Jmarcelia Member ✭✭
    Options

my issue is with Amex…has worked great for 3-4years. All stopped on 11/7

• waymck56
    waymck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue as other since Nov 10, 2023 with version R53.16. Quicken goes through the process but no transactions are downloaded from any of my accounts; PenFed, Truist, Amex. Reported the issue and uploaded logs through Quicken Help - that doesn't appear to have gone anywhere for a resolution.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do a backup of your main data file first, then try restoring the backup file you are referring to. You are concerned about losing 20 days of data but if the backup file restores the download capability your financial institutions should download enough data to fill that gap. Worst case would mean that perhaps you would need to manually enter a few days of transactions but not the full 20 days.

If it does not work out the way you want, then you can restore that last backup file you just did prior to restoring the older back up and everything will be as it is right now.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• waymck56
    waymck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

I did a backup of the main data file. Restored a backup from before the latest update. Ran One Step download. Transactions were flagged as if they were downloaded. Checked register, no new transactions in the download. So, does this mean Quicken is borked?

• oakgrrl
    oakgrrl Member ✭✭
    Options

I also had a lot of trouble with Chase, Amex and City credit card downloads and tried a lot of the steps above. Transactions were getting into the wrong accounts or not downloading at all and I eventually resorted to a backup.

Now my situation is that random accounts don't show up in the One Step Update Summary at all, but the transactions seem to be downloading.

As I watch the update, it looks like all of the financial institutions are contacted and process data. But the update summary leaves out the credit union, Vanguard, and Chase from the results but includes just the 3 other credit cards.

That's what it's doing right now anyway.

• KaiyndaKrazy
    KaiyndaKrazy Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been having this problem with downloading transactions from my American Express accounts. I believe the problem began around 11/9/2023. I am NOT having any problems downloading from any of my many other accounts held at other institutions. I have deactivated and reactivated online services

a couple times and this has had no effect.

When I do an update it goes thru the motions and when I see the "One Step Update Progress" dialog box it will first indicate a status of "waiting" which quickly changes to a status of "processing". It only indicates "processing" for a couple seconds at which time this dialog is replaced by the "One Step Update Summary" dialog - which indicates that the update was successful. HOWEVER unlike when I update any other accounts when I do this for only the American Express account the "Summary" dialog does not indicate the institution or the accounts that were updated.

• booeysteeth
    booeysteeth Member ✭✭
    Options

Cross posting because its the same issue.

You are not alone, people!

Quicken just does not want to admit they are the ones with the problem. Support had me walk through all of the usual steps and had no positive resolution. Like some of you, I have one Amex card that is updating, and one that is not. I have one Chase card that is updating, and six that are not. I use Quicken ONLY to save me the headache of going to the bank websites to cross check against entries in QuickBooks. I have been so frustrated by Quicken's inability to acknowledge a problem, much less fix the problem, that I have deployed a competitor application. And guess what? It is able to sync 100% of my accounts, without fail, and is proving to be extremely reliable in these trying times.

I have been using Quicken since 2005. They may have squeezed the last money out of my wallet unless they quickly get on the ball.

• mikeyherring
    Options

ITS PAST TIME TO FIX THIS DOWNLOAD PROBLEM WITH A BACKUP

• waymck56
    waymck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been using quicken since 1992, never had an issue until Intuit made it software as a service and then sold it. Since quicken became SAAS the one step download problem ctops up now and again.

Here we are, almost one month since a successful one step download with ALL transactions and nothing from the developers. This is beyond ridiculous.

• LaxJumbo
    LaxJumbo Member
    Options

One Step Download is only working on fidelity accounts. All other accounts are not downloading. The program runs, indicates that download is complete, but there are no new updates, when, in fact, there are new entries that I can manually download. This is extremely frustrating. What is the fix?

Using R53.16

This discussion has been closed.