How do I sync FROM Mobile to cloud

Options
Nedly
Nedly Member

When I try to sync information will update from the desktop version to the mobile app. But information in the mobile app will not sync to the desktop.

I know I can "Reset" the cloud but this apparently erases anything in the mobile app. After 8 hours of inpputng on the mobile app I do not want to lose that information.

Answers

• Nedly
    Nedly Member
    Options

PS Yes I know to select which accounts are synced.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Nedly,

Are you receiving any error codes or messages? Are you performing a sync on the mobile application and then again on the desktop application (or vice versa) after adding new information? When did this issue begin to occur?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Nedly
    Nedly Member
    Options

Jasmin, I resolved this. The instructions and documentation are very unclear. Aparently items entered into the App wont Sync until the Bllue dot was checked next to the transaction (reviewed vs unreviewed). Once I discovered that the problem is resolved.

NOTE: I may have it backwards: I am not sure if the dot had to be checked or unchecked to work. Aparently this is not at all an issue ewith the web syncing with the desktop version.

• ReneeMck
    ReneeMck Member
    Options

How do I uncheck the blue dot on mobile?

I just set up Quicken on my new laptop and went to get all my transactions FROM mobile onto desktop to not lose my entries.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    Options

I suspect something else was going on, and @Nedly just somehow triggered it to start syncing possibly by toggling the blue icon status.

I have seen a few posts lately that syncing down to the Desktop isn't working for them.

Just so people know Mobile/Web apps are basically GUI apps for what is stored in the Quicken Cloud dataset.

When you save a transaction on Mobile/Web provided that you have an Internet connection that should save right to the Quicken Cloud dataset. Which brings up the question that maybe all the entering of the transactions were done when offline in the Mobile App? If so, maybe there is something wrong with Mobile sending to the Quicken Cloud dataset when it finally gets connected to the Internet.

I tried creating/saving a transaction in both the Web and Mobile Apps (while online) and then for each of these tests I kicked off a Sync update on Quicken Desktop, and both times the transaction synced just fine.

EDIT: I just tried it where I entered a transaction Quicken Mobile while not connected to the Internet. Then I closed it. I updated on the Quicken Desktop and not surprising the transaction didn't download. I then started Quicken Mobile with it connected to the Internet, and then did the update on Quicken Desktop again, and it downloaded the transaction. So, entering transactions while offline doesn't seem to be the problem provided that you start Quicken Mobile while it is connected to the Internet.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Nedly,

Thanks for coming back to update us and for sharing more information.

I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.