Cannot Set Up download for JCP (now Synchrony) or Kohls Credit Cards

Options
Knitgirl
Knitgirl Member ✭✭✭

Sorry - the original discussion was closed but not resolved. I missed a response/question for Quicken Jasmine and will try to provide additional information.

The JC Penney credit card account is now associated with this URL
jcpenney.syf.com

There is no selection on the Quicken dropdown to match this value.

The Kohls credit card account is now associated with this URL
credit.kohls.com

There is no selection on the Quicken dropdown to match this value.

As previously suggested, either update the dropdown domain or support a customer entering the correct URL independently.

I am using Quicken Premier for Windows, Version R53.32, Build 27.1.53.32.

On the Kohls account, I attempted to use the Kohls Credit Card item whish shows the URL www.kohls.com, but the application became non-responsive.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Knitgirl,

If your financial institution has changed its URL, then it will require them to submit a request to have it changed within Quicken. For more detailed information regarding this topic, please take a moment to review the section titled "How can I fix an incorrect Homepage URL?" found in this support article.

Also, please be aware that we do have an open Alert on Kohl's Credit Card currently, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

I do apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Knitgirl
    Knitgirl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the information. I feel Quicken is not taking a lot of steps to resolve these issues which impact multiple users.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Knitgirl - The URLs we see during Add Account should not be construed to be the URLs that Quicken uses to connect to and download from the financial institutions. They are there simply for our reference.

The Kohl's issue is not a URL issue. It is entirely Kohl's responsibility. Last July they implemented some system changes discontinued downloads to Quicken and all other 3rd party financial planning application. They have blocked access by Quicken since then and have said only that they hope to offer downloading into Quicken sometime in the future. There is nothing Quicken can do to fix server issues that are internal to Kohl's. There are several very lengthy threads regarding this Kohl's issue with a lot more detail on the issue that you can search for in this Community forum. Here is one of the shorter more recent ones.:

Regarding JCP: I closed my JCP card account in Sep. Until then I was using the JC Penney Credit Card setup link and downloads were working fine. (The SYF online login URL had already been used for us to login prior to that.)

How long have you had this setup issue?

Are you getting any error message or error code? If so, what is it?

How long have you been having an issue setting up the account for download?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Knitgirl
    Knitgirl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The problem started when my Penney's card was transitioned/replaced with a JCP Synchrony card in 2023; I can't tell you the exact date. I tried contacting Synchrony yesterday and the response from them was non-productive. Something about 'aggregators' not meeting their security standards. The agent I spoke to said she would enter a ticket related to the issue but I am not hopeful of any resolution. As I said, when I log into the JCP card, the URL is jcp.mysynchrony.com, an option that is not available in the Quicken dropdown. Attempting to use any Synchrony URL from the Quicken dropdown is not successful; I get errors about incorrect user ID/password.

The Synchrony virtual agent provides information on how to export activity: "You can view and download your recent transactions by selecting the "Account Ending In..." link for this account and navigating to the Activity page. Simply select the export button, then choose the period of time and desired format from the drop down and select Begin Export. The exported file will be downloaded based on your browser preferences."

So yes, I can directly log into the JCP Synchony account, export activity and create a file then import that file into Quicken. Multiple steps instead of one-step update directly through Quicken.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited January 8
    Options

@Knitgirl - Thanks for the additional information.

So you are able to download and import the QFX (or "Quicken" or "Web Connect") file from your JCP online account? That means you already have a connection method set up in Quicken. You can quickly confirm which Financial Institution you are set up with and the connection method (Web Connect?) by looking at the General or Online Services tabs of Account Details. This information should also be visible in the Transaction Download and Financial Institution columns of Account List.

Since you apparently have a Financial Institution already set up in Quicken, you should also be able to see a blue font link on the Online Services tab of Account Details and in the Transaction Download column of Account List stating that an improved connection method is available. Click on that link and you should be taken through the process of upgrading your connection method from Web Connect to Express Web Connect. Once Express Web Connect is set up you should be able to download from within Quicken instead of needing to manually download and import from your online account.

Let me know if this helped you to resolve your connection method.

• Knitgirl
    Knitgirl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

No, this did not solve the problem. While the link was there to set up the improved connection method, I received an error that the password was not correct, so again, no Express Web Connect was established. There is no issue with the password when I directly access the website.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Who is the Financial Institution that is listed in Account Details (top right of the General tab or near the top of the Online Services tab)?

• Knitgirl
    Knitgirl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I believe it was Synchrony Bank Credit Cards. When the attempt to add the Express web connect failed, I inadvertently cleared the Financial Institution field. Attempts to select Synchrony Bank Credit Cards and Advanced Options from the Financial Institutions list results in Quicken becoming non-responsive - screen turns grey and I have had to use Task Manager to end Quicken.

Selecting Synchrony Bank Credit Cards and Next results in the screen for entry of the login and password. When I enter the appropriate credentials, this error appears: Oops. Did you mistype your login? cc-503

I am awaiting the posting of additional transactions to JCP Synchrony card. I will then export from their website again in order to upload those transactions and then see the repopulation of the Financial Institution information.

• Knitgirl
    Knitgirl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac

Today (1/19) I was able to export from the JCP Synchrony website (www.mysynchrony.com) to the JCP Card account I have in quicken.

Per your previous question, the Financial Institution populated as "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards"

This is what Online Services now shows

When I click on "Click here to find out more and get set up", I am presented the Add Account screen. I entered by login ID and password. After about 30 seconds, the following displays, CC-503.

As mentioned previously, I use the URL www.mysynchrony.com to access the accounts at Synchrony, including the JCP card.

Thanks

Mary

This discussion has been closed.