Bank Password entry unsuccessful - The Peoples Bank in Anderson SC

Options

After I choose my bank, Quicken is saying my password is incorrect. I called my bank and they verified that my password and ID were correct but Quicken will not allow me to sign in. My bank and I were able to immediately down load manually the account. I require on line uploading of Quicken. The name of my bank is The Peoples Bank in Anderson SC.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @VHVA,

How long has this issue been occurring? Did it begin after a recent update?

Also, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• VHVA
    VHVA Member
    Options

Hello,

It did not begin after an update. This issue has been occurring over several days. I have contacted my bank and they stated there is nothing on their end for them to correct the problem. When I try to add my bank account, I can select my bank, but when I login using my banks credentials, it says my username and password is "incorrect". This message occours every time I sign in but I am using the correct username and password verified by my bank. I am unable to upload a screenshot.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @VHVA,

When I check on our end, it shows a CC-503, incorrect login credentials error. Is this your first time adding an account with this financial institution in your Quicken, or was it previously connected and working, but then started throwing an error?

You mentioned that you've already verified your credentials are correct with the financial institution. If you haven't done so already, I would recommend that verifying that when you're putting the info in Quicken, you're typing it correctly and don't have Caps Lock on (since passwords are case sensitive). It would also be a good idea to try logging into the financial institution website directly using the same login credentials that you're using when trying to connect in Quicken. This helps to verify that the account isn't locked on the financial institution side.

If the account was previously connected/working in Quicken and stopped, then I would recommend that you backup your Quicken file, deactivate the account(s), then reconnect the account(s) by going to Tools>Add Account, search for the appropriate financial institution, and follow the prompts, making sure to carefully relink the account(s) to the appropriate nickname(s) in Quicken.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• VHVA
    VHVA Member
    edited January 13
    Options

The bank and I have repeatedly done the steps that you wrote above. It looks like your software doesn't fit my requirements so I am requesting a full refund be credited back to my card ASAP.

Gary Cooper

VHVA-[Removed - Phone Number]

• VHVA
    VHVA Member
    edited January 13
    Options

The bank and I have repeatedly done the steps that you wrote above. It look like your software doesn't fit my requirements so I am requesting a full refund bed credited back to my card ASAP.

Gary Cooper

VHVA-[Removed - Phone Number]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

We are not able to process refunds through this channel. You can request a refund using the form in this article, or you can reach out to Quicken Support directly for assistance. Their contact information can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday; chat support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, 7 days a week. Support is closed on holidays.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.