Update Repeatedly Requests USAA Account Reauthorization

Options
myownsense
myownsense Member ✭✭

MacBook Pro (Apple M1 Max Chip)

macOS Sonoma Version 14.2.1

Quicken Classic Deluxe Version 7.4.2 (Build 704.51578.100)

Longtime Quicken user. I update regularly (at least once a day). For the last week or so, I get an account reauthorization error for one or the other of my two USAA accounts (usually checking but sometimes savings) every day. I go through the account reauthorization process (click on "reauthorize" in the Quicken update summary screen) and everything works just fine. But then it's the same circus the next day.

I can't think of anything that's different on my end since this started. This is nothing critical that's causing issues like data corruption. It's just a hassle and a time suck that I'd like to resolve.

Any clues?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @myownsense,

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• myownsense
    myownsense Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry this is late but here it is - the requested screenshot.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Usually, going through the reauthorize process will refresh the token and clear the error (for longer than a day or two). I would recommend checking to see if you have any inactive/closed accounts that may still be trying to connect in Quicken, since that can sometimes cause this issue. To check for accounts like that, go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. Then review the list of accounts; anything that thinks it's connected will list the financial institution name it's connected to in the Financial Institution column.

If there are accounts that think they're connected, but should not be, then you would need to backup your Quicken file and deactivate those accounts. Once that is done, test to see if the issue persists.

If there are no accounts like that, then I suggest you backup your Quicken file, deactivate all your accounts with USAA under that User ID, then go to Accounts>Add Account, and follow the prompts to reconnect the accounts, being careful to relink the accounts to the correct name in Quicken.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.