Quicken crashes after reauthorization

Options

Quicken asked me recently to reauthorize my Citi credit card account. But once the authorization is done at the Citi website and returned to Quicken, Quicken crashes. Any solution to this problem?

Tagged:

Answers

• Deng
    Deng Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. It looks like crashed when trying to link to existing account.

• Pong Ching
    Pong Ching Member ✭✭
    Options

I also created a new quicken file with one test account, when I tried to add my citi account, quicken crashed as well after the authorization. I'm using the latest version of quicken.

• eneranch
    eneranch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same problem here, even after updating Quicken Software.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Someupsetuser
    Someupsetuser Member ✭✭
    Options

For me it hangs when I click "Reauthorize" and then a few minutes later Quicken crashes.

For all the hype from Quicken about their improved connection method, all I can see is that updating accounts has gone from being working close to 100% of the time a few years ago to now being something like 75% reliable. NOT a good trend.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Per the alert, if you encounter this issue, in your Quicken please report the issue by going to Help>Report a Problem, reference Ticket #10758715, describe the steps you did prior to the crash, and please include the log files (they should be pre-selected).

Thank you!

(Ticket #10758715)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ZacnLinc
    ZacnLinc Unconfirmed, Member
    edited January 20
    Options

Noted the same issue last night. The Citi page will not load for me.

Then I noted that several account balance were off after adjusting two thinking I messed up. [Removed - Language]

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOTS of issues with this new build not just with Citi. Hullu no longer connects. Adding some Online Billers that need 2FA invalidates all EWC+ billers STILL. AMEX can finally be added as a biller after what, a year now?

• Kardinalcc
    Kardinalcc Member ✭✭
    Options

Any fix/update in sight?

• Dave-Gee
    Dave-Gee Member ✭✭
    Options

When I tried updating Quicken Deluxe Classic Windows edition, Quicken sent a link to my browser (Chrome), I was met with a blank white screen. I then copied this link to Edge, and the Explorer for Windows browser and also got a blank screen. When I tried the same thing with Firefox. I was able to sign into my Citi account and my Citi credit cards were found. I was sent back to Quicken and received a message to do the same thing again. Instead of updating both of my credit cards at once, I tried to update them separately. I didn't have any luck doing that.

Has anyone had success reauthoring their Citi accounts?

• Kardinalcc
    Kardinalcc Member ✭✭
    Options

Citi online access is completely broken at this point, I can't even use the original method anymore. The accounts now show no online access is configured. If I try to configure it, it will just crash after the Citi authorization page comes back and I can see Quicken is about to show me the list of accounts accessible from Citi. Hopefully this can be resolved soon since most of my accounts are with Citi.

• Kardinalcc
    Kardinalcc Member ✭✭
    Options

Sad to report that this problem persists after today's upgrade to the latest version: R54.16.

• Deng
    Deng Member ✭✭
    Options

I still got crash as of today. Is there any update on this?

• Pong Ching
    Pong Ching Member ✭✭
    Options

When will this problem be fixed? Quicken sent two reminders saying the old way of authorizing to Citi accounts would be discontinued, but this problem still persists. Why this problem is not on the development team's top priority. Crashing and not be able to fix for such long time are not acceptable to all the subscription users.

• Deng
    Deng Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken team please make this bug fix a priority (Ticket #10758715), we really need to have Citi connection back! Let me know if you need repro on user end and I'm willing to help.

• Kardinalcc
    Kardinalcc Member ✭✭
    Options

This is now over a month…let's hope it gets resolved in March. Please make this a priority.

• Pong Ching
    Pong Ching Member ✭✭
    edited March 6
    Options

We need to send an email to the CEO. The issue is affecting all users with Citi accounts. Can someone post the CEO's email address?

This discussion has been closed.