R54.x not performing Manual backup reminder- Preferences changed ? (edit 2)

Options
BernieC
BernieC Member ✭✭

r54.0 on win10: I noticed today that when I exit quicken it doesn't automatically back up its files. ctrlB worked fine but I'm pretty sure it used to always ask me "back up files now" when I changed something and exited. It's not a big deal, but it seems like a misfeature was added….

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check Edit > Preferences… > Backup and see if something got changed in there. Updates have been known to make changes to a user's preferences.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have also observed that after installing R54.9 my manual backup reminder setting was changed from 1 to 0, effectively disabling it.

QWin Premier subscription
  • BernieC
    BernieC Member ✭✭
    Options

That did the trick!! Indeed, it was set to zero and changing it to one fixed it. Thanks!

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 28
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

While I'm glad to hear it's easy to correct, preferences shouldn't change on their own after an update. I have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have it further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28
    Options

Report sent.

I edited the title to more accurately describe the problem. Automatic backups are working OK; the manual backup reminder is not shown as expected because the preference has been changed.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.