Billers

Options

I have several credit cards, however two in particular Citi and Chase Visa cards are an issue. I can no longer update them. In each case there is a yellow rectangle to the left.

Hovering over or Clicking the triangle provides different instructions:

Hovering: "Your biller connection requires attention. Click Fix Connection to resolve it"

Clicking: "This biller account is no longer valid. Please delete and re-add biller"

Fixing just doesn't work at all.

I've tried deleting each biller, I receive the warning … blah blah…, are you sure you want to delete? I say OK and it doesn't delete. Rather, I get the message: "Quicken experienced an issue and this biller was not deleted. Please try again in a few minutes"

No matter how many times I've tried to delete, different days, times etc. same message of an issue with Quicken. This has been ongoing for at least 6-weeks, possibly longer.

Windows 10, Quicken Version R54.16; Build 27.1.54.16

Appreciate the help, look forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @leggo,

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Options

get this when trying to "Delete Biller" on either of two credit cards indicated. Hope this clarifies/answers your questions. Thank you

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @leggo,

This sounds like their could be a data file issue.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jasmine, Super Validate did the trick on those two credit card files, I successfully deleted both. thanks.

I have an near identical issue with another biller United Healthcare, there are two files. This was newly entered biller the first of the year. I may have made an error in entering this biller but it's unclear to me what that might have been and the Super Validate did not resolve that issue. I deleted the reminder and still cannot delete either of them. Should I start a new discussion or just add screen shots here? Both of these have a blue circle to the left with an exclamation mark, clicking on these circles provides the following messaage:

thank you, leggo

• leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jasmine, I can imagine you are busy but the issue with UnitedHealthcare remains. I went to the biller website reset everything yet I still cannot delete either of them.

Below is a before and after screen shot of the two billers:

In the before shot notice they both show "Fix it" when trying to do so the pop up "Attention Required" appears, that pop-up is attached in my original query above.

The second screen shot is after my reset on the biller's end. The blue circle remains on the left of both.

First:

Second:

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Regards,

leggo

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @leggo,

I went ahead and checked the internal status of this Online Biller and unfortunately, it shows a degraded status which is why it will fail to connect at this time. We do not have an ETA on when this degraded status will be resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Anja so I cannot connect due to a degraded status on the biller end, but this doesn't explain why I cannot delete one of them in Quicken.

I look forward hearing from you and thank you for the assistance.

Regards,

leggo

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

If you're having trouble deleting it, then I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers first, then see if it will allow you to remove the online billers you wish to delete. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, please navigate back to the gear icon and click Manage Online billers and attempt to remove the Online billers you wish to delete.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Anja, that did the trick thank you for the guidance. Any idea when the degraded status with this biller will be resolved?

leggo

This discussion has been closed.