Transaction amount not downloading/clearing unless manually done

Options

Currently using Classic Premier V54.16 build 27.1.54.16 on windows. I noticed since Dec 2023 that some of my transactions for a certain dollar amount ($25.00) are not downloading from bank account. This is happening no matter what day or Payee I use, transactions will not appear into the registar unless I manually add them and then I have to manually clear them as well. I have tried to check for errors/repair and even tried the super repair method. This started when I accidentally deleted a cleared transaction, it threw off my ending balance which was manually reconciled with the reconciliation feature. I am now noticing I am off again in my ending balance by a random $25. Any thoughts on how to fix?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have multiple $25.00 transactions on the same day?
    Do you automatically accept downloaded transactions into your registers?
    If so, it's quite possible that Quicken mis-matches a 2nd downloaded transaction to a previous, already matched transaction instead of creating a new register transaction.
    Manually reviewing and accepting downloaded transactions, to ensure proper matching or creation of a new transaction would, IMHO, be the way to go.

There's also the possibility that the bank does not create a unique "<FITID>" number for each transaction, causing Quicken to delete the 2nd transaction as a potential duplicate. If you know how to locate downloaded transactions in the OFX log files, you should take a look at that. Of course, you could always contact Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and let them escalate the issue to Tier 2 Support, to figure out what's going on here.

Weird workaround, perhaps … if possible, try changing the amounts, $25.00 to person 1, $25.01 to person 2, etc. so that every payee receives a unique amount … and see if that performs any better.

Showing us some of the transactions, as they arrive after downloading, and what it should look like in the register would be nice. Add to that, if possible, an extract of the OFX log file, showing a few complete transactions would be helpful, too.

How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• bstirnick
    bstirnick Member
    Options

I do not know how to look at ofx files but can google it. So it started with Starbucks $25 replenishment transactions over multiple days, so when I noticed it I changed the amount to $30 and it processed fine. Well a few days go by and I made a different payee payment for $25 and it never showed being cleared.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is the connection method? (Direct Connect or Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect +)

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • bstirnick
    bstirnick Member
    Options

express webconnect+

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9
    Options

Then you are not alone. This problem seems to be happening to everyone that is using Express Web Connect +, and it is affecting Quicken Mac too, so it isn't the Quicken program itself.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.