Imported Transactions - Real Rules Not Renaming Rules or QuickFill Rules (Q Mac)

Options
Jon10
Jon10 Member ✭✭
edited February 9 in Product Enhancements

I'd like to be able to set multiple conditions for rules on imported transactions and adjust their payee, category, etc automatically.

For example:

IF

Payee = X

AND Account = Y

AND Amount = Z

Etc…

THEN:

Set Payee to A

Set Category to B

Set Transfer(?) to C

Set Memo to "Rules are useful"

Set Tags to "Project A, House"

Etc…

Bonus points if the text filters (payee for example) have multiple search options (contains, starts with, ends with, regex isn't required but would be a nice to have). And Amount could accept maybe =, <,≤,>,≥, between.

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Jon10 Don't shoot the messenger, but… There was an Idea thread (feature request) in the past asking for the ability to create rules using accounts as one of the criterion. The developers considered it and responded that they were not planning to implement such a feature due to various complexities. In programming, almost anything is possible, but the developers have to weigh the practical considerations of how much development effort it would take to implement, and how the added complexity of the user interface might adversely confuse some users while helping others.

Because of the way rules are designed, I don't think you'll see a new type of rule which combines renaming a payee and setting the other fields like category, tags and memo. Both of these are currently possible, using a Renaming rule to first normalize the Payee name, and a QuickFill rule for the Payee to set the category, transfer, tags and memo fields as desired.

As for having complex and/or compound search terms, I'd encourage you to add your vote and your comments to this existing feature request Idea thread, which is currently marked as "Under Consideration" by the developers:

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Jon10 and @jacobs,

The idea that was mentioned is still currently under consideration via CTP-7540. So due to that this idea will remain open and active and has been reviewed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.