Quicken Mac -- Automatically categorize and tag certain downloaded transactions

Options
Rothenbe
Rothenbe Unconfirmed, Member

I would like to be able to have all transactions with a particular company be automatically categorized and tagged when downloaded. For example, all XYZ Insurance payments will automatically get categorized as "insurance" and tagged to "Property A". Whereas, I can set up the automatic categorization, I have not found a way to auto tag the transactions. As a result, I'm needing to manually tag them all at month or year end to have accurate tax reports.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Rothenbe,

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Wait, I'm confused. QuickFill Rules can apply a specific category — and, optionally, Tags — to every transaction for a Payee. Is this not what you're asking for?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993