Ulta Beauty Mastercard - Comenity / Bread Financial

Options

Anyone else having issues where it's trying to connect, and it asks if you entered the wrong information? I can sign into the web site, but the Quicken connection fails every time. I even tried disconnecting the account and then re-adding it.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @qcudjdenver,

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed. 

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• qcudjdenver
    qcudjdenver Member ✭✭
    Options

Follow-up to my post. I had to sign onto the web site. It would NOT let me use the email address on the account to get a verification code, and I tried 4 times. So I finally used the mobile phone text verification. Then, about 12 hours after my original post, the Ulta account synced via Quicken Connect. I am assuming this was not a Quicken issue, but more likely a Comenity/Bread Financial issue.

• mkh.finan
    mkh.finan Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm still having the same issue, even though I've verified the account and logged into the web site. I tend to agree with qcudjdenver since Comenity has had web site issues in the past. I'm tempted to call their technical support line, but when I've done this is the past, I'm met with the verbal equivalent of a blank stare.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @qcudjdenver,

Thank you for coming back to update us and sharing the steps that you took to reach a resolution!

@thederfelts, @mkh.finan, and @Ken217,

If you are still experiencing issues connecting to Comenity/Bread financial, would you mind sharing more information regarding the issue? When did the issue begin? Are you receiving error codes? If so, could you share a screenshot using the instructions in my previous post? Also, have you attempted the steps listed by @qcudjdenver to see if that would resolve the issue for you as well?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• qcudjdenver
    qcudjdenver Member ✭✭
    Options

The “Did you mistype your login?” was the message I kept getting. You noted “reconnecting the account”. Does that mean you tried disconnecting it in Quicken, and then reconnecting? I also noted when I was reconnecting, that there were 2 choices for their Ultamate Rewards card/bank where you choose it in Quicken. Also, even going to their site is confusing, because they list 2 different cards if you start at their general page. I didn’t know the difference, to be honest, because I did not have the card in hand. In any event, I chose the wrong one for logon the first time, so it was then easy to pick the other one. In any event, similar to others like Synchrony and Venmo, Comenity just doesn’t seem to prioritize the ability to track/sync with Quicken for the millions of us that use it. I’ve stopped using Venmo for that reason, and have gone so far as to avoid Synchrony (ConocoPhillips/Phillips 66 gas card) by getting fuel at Shell instead, lol.

• mjrome
    mjrome Member ✭✭
    edited February 19
    Options

[Removed - Off Topic/Different Instance]

• mkh.finan
    mkh.finan Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Jasmine, I've tried everything that qcudjdenver has outlined, plus I've tried logging into both Ulta Credit Cards that appear in Quicken. I've even gone as far as changed my password (twice) on the Ulta/Comenity web page and tried again in Quicken…several times. I've gotten the same issue as other users. I've attached the final screenshot. Note, I'm using Quicken for Mac and I'm updated to the latest OS Version Sonoma 14.3.1. I've used the Report Errors option to send information to the support team, if that's of any help to you.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• AnnK
    AnnK Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue. I have sent an error report to Quicken. I hope they can get this fixed soon. I know my username and password work since I can go to the website and log on with no problem.

• tsamuelson
    tsamuelson Member
    Options

I'm having the same login issue for the Ulta Reward Mastercard in Quicken. I've reported the issues twice using the "Report a Problem" function in Quicken. My credentials are working correctly on the Comenity website. I'm assuming there is a connection problem between Quicken and Comenity.

• AnnK
    AnnK Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine - any updates to this problem we are still having?

• mkh.finan
    mkh.finan Member ✭✭
    Options

All,

I tried connecting again this morning and it finally worked. I don't know if this an anomaly for me or if the problem is fixed globally. Just an FYI, I made no changes to the procedures I've used in the past…I've just been trying every couple of days and today I got lucky, I guess. I hope this is a good sign for everyone else who has been experiencing this issue.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10894154)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.