Comenity Credit Card Accounts Still not updating

Options
floydfan
floydfan Member ✭✭

Hello,

I was wondering if the Comenity retail credit card issues are still being addressed or have been fixed somewhere. I have numerous accounts (B&H, Lane Bryant, Jared, to name a few) and they no longer update. Tried reconnecting, sending in reports, calling the helpline to no avail. I know Comenity is now called Bread Financial, but I see nothing where I could connect there either. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• kmkelmor
    kmkelmor Member
    Options

Just chiming in to say this is happening for me as well. Feb 12, everything was fine. Now when it tries to connect is says no credit card number available.😑

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    edited February 18
    Options
  • Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The only Comenity card I have is B&H and it has been working fine. Don’t use Comenity as the FI. Use the retail account name when setting up the financial institution for down loads in Quicken. For example "B&H Payboo Credit Card" is the FI for B&H. There is a listing for Jared and Lane Bryant also.

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The only Comenity card I have is B&H and it has been working fine. Don’t use Comenity as the Financial Instition. Use the retail account name as the FI when setting the account up for downloads in Quicken. For example “B&H Payboo Credit Card” is the FI for B&H. There are listings for Jared and Lane Bryant as well.

• MBM
    MBM Member ✭✭
    Options

I have Ballard Designs, GrandinRoad and PetCo Pay Mastercard managed byu Comenity, and have used them as the financial institution in Quicken and none of them work since last week. I can log in on each of their websites and have confirmed the iusernames and passwords are correct, but they no longer works through Quicken since last week. Deleting and re-adding them doesn't fix the problem either.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 1
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

For the record that is exactly how I've been connecting to those financial institutions. Comenity is the card issuer and it wouldn't work for me anyway. But I also have B&H and Jared, and those refuse to connect. Don't know what the issue is but it's been like this for 5-6 months. Do you have QWin or QMac? I wonder if that could be an issue, because I have the Mac version.

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I’m using Quicken for Mac also. While I don’t use my B&H card often and download lots of transactions, it still connects fine everday. It sure is strange that only some users have this issue. Not everyone.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

That is so strange. I have other Comenity cards as well and none of them work anymore.

• smoocat
    smoocat Member
    Options

I am using Quicken Classic (Windows) and am having the same probably with Old Navy, Macy's, etc.

• kmkelmor
    kmkelmor Member
    Options

Okay, I got mine fixed! The written message said that it found my account, but that it had no account number and would not be added to Quicken. I kept getting either no error code, or several different ones. When I got the 800 error code I was able to find a page that worked. This forum won't let me post the direct link of course. ARG. adding spaces to the url.

Document title: Error Message When Updating Accounts: CC-800

https : // www .quicken .com /support /error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-800

Following those instructions EXACTLY got my account back to connecting and updating properly. And no data was lost or corrupted. Note that this is not deleting and then re-adding the account, but Deactivating and then Reactivating.

Even if you aren't getting the cc-800 error code, this might be worth a shot.

Good luck everybody!

Quicken - I spent hours with your chat help for this with no resolution. If this works for everybody else too, you owe me a consulting fee!

LOL

kmk

• kmkelmor
    kmkelmor Member
    Options

I have the answer, at least one that worked for me! The forum keeps eating my post and blocking the link. egads.

I happen to be on Windows using Quicken Classic, but I actually think that is irrelevant.

I kept getting either no error code or several different ones. I finally got the error code CC-800, and that led me to the right answer. I'm assuming that this still would have fixed it the times when it reported other error codes. Anyway, it is worth a try!

Find the support document titled Error Message When Updating Accounts: CC-800

The forum won't let me post the direct link, so I'm putting in (space)# to try and make it not recognize it. Just stript that out if searching doesn't lead you to the right help document. https #:// #www. #quicken. #com #/ #support #/ #error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-800

Follow the document instructions EXACTLY.
    Note that this is NOT deleting and then re-adding the account.
    This is Deactivating and Reactivating the account.

My account is connecting and updating properly now, and no data was lost or corrupted.

Quicken, I spent a very long time working on this, including with your chat support, to no avail. If this works for others, you owe me a consulting fee!

LOL
    kmk

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry, but no consulting fee for you. (Just kidding 🤣)

Here's the thing. Try as I might, I still get the dreaded "Did you mistype your info?" Honestly I think there IS a difference between the Windows and Mac version, and I am using Mac. I don't even get this error message, nor does it get to the point of adding back accounts. I have tried repeatedly to deactivate and reactivate accounts and I have even sent in bug reports to Quicken.

I think one of the culprits is that Comenity has either been acquired by or changed their name to Bread Financial. I have this nagging feeling that Bread has not been completely integrated with Quicken yet, and this is one of the issues (@Quicken Janean @Quicken Anja you might want to forward this to the developers - they are not responding to my bug reports, BTW).

I also have issues with other lenders. One other problem may be with the lenders tightening up their security, making it more difficult for Quicken to connect. I think I read that on another forum somewhere. But I have to monitor our cards closely because sometimes we just forget to enter a purchase into Quicken, so without all these connected accounts this just becomes a glorified check register. Not ranting, but like everyone else I just want this to work.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine I already reported this several times through Report a Problem. I have not received any responses.

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    Options

I had somehow luckily avoided this issue with my Comenity B&H card for so long I thought I was safe. Today I received the dreaded “unable to validate your login information” message followed by the “did you mistype your sign-in info” message when I re-entered my info. Let’s hope this gets sorted out soon.

• MBM
    MBM Member ✭✭
    Options

I received the attached response today from Comenity. However, there is no Comenity Capital Bank in Quicken even when trying to add it as an entirely new account. (See screenshot.)

______

• essman54
    essman54 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken and Kohl's never solved their issue, and I suspect the same will be true for Comenity. These cards are small enough matters for me that I will just delete these accounts in Quicken (as I did the Kohl's) and move on with my life.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Options

been reporting this through report a problem through Quicken Classic Mac multiple times with ZERO response. I advise everyone to do the same. May they’ll get the message if we inundate them with reports.

• CJ62
    CJ62 Member
    Options

On a Mac also don't get the error message just that "have you mistyped your info" and unable to reconnect to my NFL Credit Card by Comenity, validated my login and password. Tried Deactivate and then reactivate. They have been Bread for a long time so I don't think that's it however when I log into my account through Safari it's now frequently doing 2 factor authentication with a text to my phone so I'm wondering if that's what's changed for Quicken. I have also forwarded the problem report, however it does say that Quicken will not respond directly to those and to come here for a response.

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was able to re-connect my Comenity B&H card today.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CJ62
    CJ62 Member
    Options

Not sure if this helps but I think Comenity has a problem … when I log into my card on the web it sends a 2FA text however the first time it fails when I cut 'n paste it in, have to go through it again and works second time. Thought maybe I did it wrong yesterday but it happened again today and I made sure the code was right. I'll try to report that to them.

-Sincerely (recovering tech support person) Caroline

• cjjf_cjjf_cjjf1!
    Options

Here is an email i received from Quicken support.

Please note that I live on the East Coast (3 hr time difference) … lovely

We would like to schedule a call with you so we can further troubleshoot the issue you were having associated with Boscovs Credit Card.

We are requesting that you provide 3 different times and dates at least 1 week out from Monday to Friday between 8:00 pm PST to 7:00 am, PST.

Reply to this email with your times and dates.

Thanks,

Quicken Online Banking Escalations Team | Quicken Inc.

Regards,
    Quicken Customer Care

This discussion has been closed.