New Suggestion for Account Panel

Options
jerryp.ny
jerryp.ny Member ✭✭

I hope this is the correct category for this post as I did not find an exact match. A suggestion would be to show the Ending Balance, Count of Outstanding Items, and the Current Balance. I know that you can switch between Ending and Current Balances, but it would be nice to be able to see all three numbers at the same time for all accounts.

It would also be nice to not only see the count of outstanding items (, but be able to see the total amount of outstanding items:

Example:

Account Ending Balance Outstanding Items Outstanding Amount Current Balance

Checking 100.00 2 50.00 150.00

Outstanding items are Deposits, Payments, Checks, Purchases from Debit Cards, Purchases from Credit Cards, etc. Items not cleared by the bank.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 18
    Options

Hello @jerryp.ny,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please be sure to add your vote as well.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jerryp.ny
    jerryp.ny Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Jasmine.

I do want to add to my suggestion. it would also be nice to not only see the count of outstanding items, but be able to see the total amount of outstanding items:

Example:

Account Ending Balance Outstanding Items Outstanding Amount Current Balance

Checking 100.00 2 50.00 150.00

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jerryp.ny What is an "Outstanding Item"?

@Quicken Jasmine For some reason this idea started out with a -1 count.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jerryp.ny
    jerryp.ny Member ✭✭
    edited February 18
    Options

Chris_QPW: Outstanding items are Deposits, Payments, Checks, Purchases from Debit Cards, Purchases from Credit Cards, etc. Items not cleared by the bank.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jerryp.ny,

I have added the extra information that you provided to your original post.

Please don't forget to add your own vote!

-Quicken Jasmine

• jerryp.ny
    jerryp.ny Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine can you please close this suggestion. I have pretty much been told by @Chris_QPW that my suggestions are "worthless" and I no longer wish to pursue this suggestion. Thank you.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jerryp.ny,

I believe that @Chris_QPW was attempting to gather more information for your idea thread and clarify some questions that he had.

However, if you would like me to change this idea back to a discussion then I absolutely can.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

And I do apologize if I have offended you.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jerryp.ny
    jerryp.ny Member ✭✭
    edited February 18
    Options

@Chris_QPW

I am bothered by the fact that I was just told that my suggestions really mean nothing. If this is what is expected from Quicken and it's Community, why would I want to continue? I do thank you though, you helped make up my mind by your response. I have just cancelled by Quicken renewal.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jerryp.ny,

The -1 that had appeared in the vote count box was due to a glitch that occurred within the Quicken Communities operating system (Vanilla), this occurred when I changed your discussion thread into an idea thread.

Also, no request is considered worthless. All ideas are given an equal opportunity to be considered based upon vote count. This is why I have encouraged you a couple of times to add your vote. Our system also glitched for that because when users create an idea thread, their vote should automatically be added when they create it or when the thread is changed from a discussion to an idea.

I encourage you to keep your idea thread active if it is a feature you are truly adamant about as I am sure other users would like to see this feature added as well.

-Quicken Jasmine