Quickfill rule for payee based on amount

Options
Jack4
Jack4 Member ✭✭

I'd like to see and option to Quickfill the category for a payee based on an amount. When I pay at a convenience store that sells gas, small numbers below $30 are usually for food and I would use my Food:Convenience category. Above $30 it's for gas. So I'd Quickfill Auto:Fuel.

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jack4,

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cclark
    cclark Member
    Options

I have a similar need to enable QuickFill based on Payee AND Amount. For every online money transfer my bank sets the payee as "Interac e-Transfer Debit". I have a dozen different bills that I pay via online money transfer. The amount is usually the same on each transaction and they are all different amounts. I'd like to have the one that is to "Interact e-Transfer Debit" with an amount of $170.06" autofill to one Payee and the one that has an amount of $94.00 go to a different Payee.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If there's nothing in either the Payee Name or the downloaded Memo text that allows you to determine which payee the money was going to, it might be better to record a transaction in Quicken at the same time as you make payment at the bank's website.
    For recurring events like your monthly telephone bill, a Scheduled Reminder might come in handy.
    This gives you a correctly named and categorized register transaction. When you download transactions from the bank, Quicken will be able to match the downloaded payment transaction to what you have in the register already.