Scroll forward to enter information

Options
Sue
Sue Member ✭✭✭

I just added a totally new Quicken account. I had to enter and entire year of information.

It would sure be nice if you could scroll the page as your entering information. Every item is added when the page is full at the very bottom of the page, then every entry must be typed at the very bottom of the page! It would greatly help if you could scroll the information up so you can at least enter the information at the middle of the screen for a more comfortable position.

Just saying, thanks

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 24
    Options

Hello @Sue,

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure how this would be implemented.

The account register can be sorted in two ways, the default is with the newest transactions on the bottom, but if you click on the Date column header the new transactions will be on the top, and so will the "new blank entry transaction" (this might even be what will work for you).

The only way that the entry could be in the middle is if they maintained half of the register as blank or you would be putting the transactions into a place they don't belong. Like entering 2/24 just below 1/31.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can do this already in banking registers.

Select the bottom-most transaction (assuming you're sorting by ascending date).

Press CTRL-I (for Insert) as many times as you like to create empty transactions you can type into.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try applying a register filter, like Date is This Month. Just pick a date range that limits the number of transactions to a small number.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24
    Options

I had a bit of a hard time trying this one. It seems if you are already in a field in the transaction it doesn't work.

I think "Cleared" works pretty good especially if you have some reminders (but not a lot of them) to bring it down some.

EDIT: strike that, I just realized that would hide the uncleared transactions.

Signature:
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

@Chris_QPW I probably wasn't clear. Select any field in the bottom-most (or any) populated transaction, not the blank one already at the bottom. Then CTRL-I should insert transactions after the one you selected.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Rocket J Squirrel OK that make sense/works, but note that you will get blank transactions with the date of the transaction you selected before selecting Ctrl+I which might not be the current date.

Signature:
  • QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

What I do is sort the register in reverse date order. That way you are always entering the new transaction at the top of the register, which I think is more easily accessible.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

There's a bug here, too. A transaction's right-click menu contains "Insert Transaction Ctrl+I", which is disabled in the menu even though the keystroke works.