The Bill and Income Reminders section "collapses" after each transaction is entered

Options

Hi - I'm on Windows 10, Quicken R54.16

I can't tell you when this started - probably a month or two ago - it's just been getting on my nerves lately…

The Bill and Income Reminders section at the bottom of my register collapses after I enter each transaction. I can hit the > to see the next transaction, but honestly it's a pain in the butt. I've searched every preferences section, tried every "option" that's been suggested to get it to stay open at the bottom of the register (which is what it used to do), and still find each time I select the next reminder and enter it as a transaction, the section closes up again.

Please don't tell me this is a "feature" of the last update. It's driving me batty.

Thanks!! -Stefanie

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• stefanie
    stefanie Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks mshiggins for the heads-up. Looks like it's a "feature". Thanks Quicken :(

• churchid
    churchid Member ✭✭
    edited March 9
    Options

I agree. Worst "feature" ever. If I'm working to clear my list of unentered bill, the last thing that I want is for the list to close every time I take care of one of them. Come on Quicken!?! [Removed - Language]

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 9
    Options

My Bills & Income Reminders section does not collapse or minimize, no matter what I do. It stays open unless I manually close it. I am on R55.12 and that could be the difference?

• stefanie
    stefanie Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't gotten a notice to update recently, but will keep an eye out. Maybe they fixed this (hoping). Thanks for the heads-up.

• kpw822
    kpw822 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting the question Stefanie. Mine also started working this way a few weeks ago, has just about gotten on my last nerve.

• stefanie
    stefanie Member ✭✭✭
    Options

FYI - I went into "updates" and updated to R55.12 and it FIXED the problem!! 😁 Woohoo! Just wanted to come back here and update the group!

• stefanie
    stefanie Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry group - I'm back and apparently I LIED!! It fixed the problem for about a NY minute, and then it reverted to the same problem that kpw822 said was getting on their last nerve. So - apologies to everyone - and I'm back in the same mess y'all are in, thanks to Quicken's new FEATURE!

UGHHHHH!!! (Kind-of-feels like Lucy with the football - just when I thought I was there, wham, it was snatched away)!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@stefanie

could you show us an image snapshot of your register view, please?
    Show the complete register view (minus the Account Bar) with transactions and the Bill and Income Reminders tab area expanded. Redact payee names please.

I'm trying to figure out if the tab area collapses because Quicken thinks it's too tall or not tall enough … maybe fiddling with the height of the tab area, making it a little taller or smaller by a fraction of an inch resolves issue … who knows …

How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

If all else fails, you need to contact Quicken Support during posted hours of operation
    The more their phone rings, the more likely it is that we'll get some action …

• stefanie
    stefanie Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi UKR,
    I’ve actually tried that. It was the first place I looked when I had this problem. I thought it could be a window size thing so I adjusted in all directions (larger, smaller, etc.) to try and get Quicken to readjust and work with me (ie keep the Bill reminder section expanded), but no luck. As soon as a transaction was entered, it would collapse. Unfortunately this is a new “feature” they’ve added. It would have been helpful if it would have been an option for those with limited space to choose to collapse the section, but that was not how it was implemented. Looks like either poor market research, or bad implementation of a suggestion. (IMHO)

This discussion has been closed.