enter fund reinvestments with the correct price at time of transaction.

Options
Darn8212
Darn8212 Member
edited April 2 in Before you Buy

I'm using Simplifi. It seems one set back with a connected account is when you add shares for a fund it will only accept the current price.

I need to be able to add reinvestments at the price at the time of purchase. Will Q Deluxe allow me to do this?

Also is Q Deluxe on the Web available on two computers since it's web based?

Thanks

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, in Q can input any transaction with the price you want.

re: QWeb, it's not a standalone, but rather an adjunct to the desktop product and not fully featured.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

To add to the answer above, Quicken on the Web is a "companion" to Quicken Classic, which is desktop-based software. You need to download and install the software, and the data file lives on your local computer. If you wish, you can enable Sync service so you can log into the web interface (or mobile app) to enter or see transactions. The web interface doesn't not have all the features and functionality of the desktop Quicken application.

Because Quicken's data file lives on a desktop computer, it is not really designed to use the same file on two computers. It can be done, if proper care is taken in how the file is moved back and forth between two computers. The other two-computer solution is to have Quicken installed on one computer, and on the other computer, access the data via the web interface, making sure it syncs correctly with the desktop data.

Finally, I'd note that Quicken Classic (desktop) is available for both Windows and Mac, and both are included in a subscription — but the programs are different and the data files are different. There's a conversion utility to go from Mac to Windows or vice versa, but you can't move a data file back-and-forth between a Mac and Windows PC.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Darn8212
    Darn8212 Member
    Options

Thank you both for the reply. I wonder if I could install the program on my desktop and laptop and have the files reside online using a cloud service like OneDrive?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

A Quicken data file should always live on a local hard drive, not a cloud storage service. Placing the data file in the cloud is known to cause a variety of problems; it isn’t supported and is strongly discouraged.

You can make a compressed .zip copy of your data file, store that in the cloud, download it to your local computer to use it, re-compress it, and upload it back to the cloud. If you use this process each time you use Quicken, that’s how you can move a data file back and forth via the cloud.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Darn8212
    Darn8212 Member
    Options

Is it easy to transfer from Simplifi to Quicken Deluxe?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Darn8212,

To answer your question, there currently is no official tool to transfer your data from Quicken Simplifi to Quicken Classic. So, if you have a lot of history that you want to transfer over, and you're not able to download it from the financial institution, then it would not be easy to transfer since you'd have a lot of history you'd need to fill in manually. If you don't have a lot of history, then it should be fairly simple since Quicken Classic should be able to connect to the same financial institutions and most financial institutions automatically download approximately 90 days of history once connected.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.