Coinbase Account Access - API Key & Secret fields are too small to enter (edit)

Options

Is there any update on support for Coinbase accounts? I hold several different coins with Coinbase, and balances fluctuate significantly from month to month. It would be awesome if I could sync my account details from Quicken rather than manual adjust totals.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2
    Options

Hello @mgranoski,

We do currently have Coinbase - Bitcoin Wallet added to our financial institution list (see screenshot below).

Have you already tried connecting? If so, what was the outcome if not successful?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Larchuck
    Larchuck Member
    Options

It does not work

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Larchuck,

Would you mind providing more information? What exactly is occurring?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• sailor
    sailor Member ✭✭
    Options

It fails for me as well. I noticed that neither the API Key or API Secret fields in Quicken allow for enough characters. The key/secret is much longer.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    Options

here - too bad it doesn't support the manual online download (Quicken Web Connect) from their website -
    It only supports the online download via One Step Update -

So - how long are each of those two fields on the Coinbase website ?

57876 57876 57876 Coinbase - Bitcoin Wallet
    https://www.coinbase.com/ 888-908-7930
    https://coinbase.com/signin ACTIVE
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• ebschor
    ebschor Member ✭✭
    Options

The API Key and API Secret fields on "Add Account" screen do not allow for enough characters to be entered.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited April 22
    Options

Hello @ebschor,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Is the account currently connected? Are you getting any error codes/error messages when you try to add/update the account?

On our end, I am seeing a CC-503 (invalid credentials) error message. That may be due to the issue with the API Key and API secret fields you mentioned, but I do recommend trying the troubleshooting steps from this article on CC-503 errors just in case it's being caused by incorrect credentials.

So that our teams can investigate this issue further, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

I look forward to your reply!

(CTP-9770)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MarcAllen
    MarcAllen Member
    Options

Quicken GET WITH THE PROGRAM!! Coinbase updated their security model (in Feb 2024 I believe). PLEASE AT LEAST acknowledge you know about this (and optionally whether / when you plan to address it), instead of messages indicating you know nothing about it, like "Please provide details" and "Have you tried connecting?"