Retention policy of discussions and questions

Options
DoctorBrown
DoctorBrown Member ✭✭

I've been on this forum for a number of years. Over the last several months I have posted suggestions for improvements and other topics. But now I can't find them. Is there something I might be doing that's hiding them. I've checked my profile, and I see the list of my discussions, but they aren't there.

Is there a policy or reason that they would disappear with no notification or anything?

Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @DoctorBrown,

By suggestions, are you referring to Idea posts? If so, I was only able to find this one which did appear that it was mistakenly archived. I pulled it out of the archive, and it should now be visible again.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown Member ✭✭
    edited March 9
    Options

Thanks for checking. Yes, that's main one I'm referring to. But that's not the version I last posted. This one was edited by the moderators. I then made changes to their edits that are now gone.

But I am pretty sure I made contributions to many more threads than I can find. So, maybe I'm not searching correctly. Or something else is going on I don't know about? (I'll admit that sometimes my frustration with Quicken Inc. is too apparent.😚)

(edit) Ok, I found the comments I made in other's threads. But I'm still not certain all are there.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Threads get archived all the time, if there isn't any activity in them for a certain period of time they will be archived, and you will not be able to find them. For instance, an idea might not be archived if it gets enough votes. But if you are just posting to regular threads, you can certainly consider them to "vanish over time".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown Member ✭✭
    Options

Chris_QPW: Thank you for the explanation.

This discussion has been closed.