Status of Fidelity Downloads please

Options

Quicken user since 1995.

Yesterday, I performed a comparison of my Fidelity data on their website to my Quicken data. I was shocked to see they didn't match at all. A quick review showed that nothing has downloaded (using Direct Connect) from Fidelity since the middle of 2023. All other download sources (AMEX, Wells Fargo, etc.) are working correctly.

The Fidelity updates "appear" to work correctly. There are no errors during the Fidelity download, but there are also no transactions being downloaded.

That it has gone on so long is partly my fault. I had switched to get "electronic statements" instead of "paper statements" because Quicken was my backstop. Those paper statements had forced me to review status of the "real world". I've now gone back to paper and Quicken is no longer my friend.

Meanwhile, it appears there are a bunch of folks with similar issues on this board, but I didn't see any resolutions… just promises Quicken is working on it (with no projected timeline) and then a closed discussion. So, here is a new thread.

Some blame Fidelity, others have no idea. Regardless… even if it is an issue with Fidelity, it is a reflection on the suitability of the Quicken platform to provide a stable and reliable tool for those now paying yearly.

Anyone with thoughts??

Quicken user since 1995...

Comments

• tkstaple
    tkstaple Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've been having the same problem with Fidelity downloads as well. All other institutions are no problem. This problem almost always happens at the end of the month on the 6 Fidelity accounts that we have. The only way to recover is to deactivate all 6 and then setup the connection again. I have to do this 2-3 times a month. Like your connection there is no error message. It just acts like there is nothing there to download. Along with this comes another issue, near matching of new transactions to older transactions that have already cleared. I have to watch this closely and perform an unmatch update before accepting the transactions or it will match to older transactions that have cleared and throw the share balances off. I've sent this out to inquire about it but nothing. This only happens at the Fidelity accounts for both issues for me.

• jazztbone
    jazztbone Member ✭✭
    Options

I've also had the same problem, however with only one out of several Fidelity accounts that I have. I first noticed the problem about a year ago. I tried deactivating/reactivating downloads, and restoring an old backup from before the problem occurred, to no avail. I'd say it's not Fidelity, because it's only happening with one of my Fidelity accounts. It would be nice if Quicken support would do a thorough investigation.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this discussion about Fidelity Investments (which is working perfectly for me) or Fidelity NetBenefits (which I don't use)?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rich Gaughan
    Rich Gaughan Member ✭✭
    Options

Craig,

I had a similar problem downloading Fidelity Investment transactions. I usually download transactions every week, Around October 2023 I was travelling so I did not download for two months. Then I found that although Quicken could connect to Fidelity it would "download" zero transactions. I spoke to Quicken support, they had me deactivate/reactivate the account. This worked going forward but it meant that I had to manually enter two months worth of data. I have been a Quicken user for over 12 years and downloads alway worked reliably. In the last four months downloads have missing transactions and sometimes deleting transactions in Fidelity and TD Ameritrade.

Have you been given a solution yet?

• jazztbone
    jazztbone Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken needs a fix to conform with the new “Fidelity Access” requirements for third-party apps and aggregators.

When can we expect this issue to be addressed and fixed? Can we get a response from a Quicken representative?

This is a critical "must-have" for me. I have been a Quicken user for more than 30 years.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What "Fidelity Access" requirements? I'm a customer of their "Private Client" group, and haven't heard of such.

And, as previously stated, it's working perfectly for me …. no fix needed.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jazztbone said:

Quicken needs a fix to conform with the new “Fidelity Access” requirements for third-party apps and aggregators.

And what do you think going to Express Web Connect +/FDX was?

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jazztbone
    jazztbone Member ✭✭
    Options

Chris_QPW, if that is what was supposed to fix the problem, it didn't for me. New transactions are still not being downloaded for my brokerage account. Do you have any suggestions?

• jazztbone
    jazztbone Member ✭✭
    Options

Chris_QPW, my connection to Fidelity is set as Direct Connect. I have 5 other Fidelity accounts that all download transactions correctly, only one brokerage account has the problem.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe I was mistaken, I thought Fidelity went to Express Web Connect +, if they didn't then I don't know what is going on.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Longtimeuserr
    Longtimeuserr Member ✭✭
    Options

Fidelity NetBenefits is downloading via Direct connect and 3 of four accounts have no problem. The 401k download share balance fine, but the share prices get populated in Quicken around $8/share. It just started happening this week. The funds Ticker symbol isn't showing up in Quicken, or on the Fidelity web site under the Symbol field. I called Quicken support and they said I just have to update share price manually from now on.

So posting here to see if anyone at Quicken is working with Fidelity to solve the issue since it is a Quicken/Fidelity problem?

• msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello. So far, no issues with downloading Fidelity Investment Transactions or Cash Management Account transactions. I am running windows 10 Enterprise and Q Classic Premier, R55.15, Build 27.1.55.15 (Installed on March 25, 2024). I manage 3 Fidelity IRA accounts and one (1) Brokerage account connected to a Cash Management Account. The 3 Fidelity IRA accounts and the Brokerage Account use Direct Connect. The Cash Management Account has no Transaction Download ; it is set-up as a "Linked Checking Account" in the Q Account Details panel.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this the same problem? I had to replace the runtime.dat files to get download summary to show for all accounts.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• dr_data
    dr_data Member ✭✭
    Options

I have two Fidelity accounts, Cash Management and an IRA Mutual Fund account both on Direct Connect. For the last 5 or 6 months, while having normal transaction downloads from most mutual funds, I have not been getting end-of-month Money Market reinvested dividends downloaded to either account. The mutual funds affected are Fidelity Government Money Market (SPAXX) and Fidelity Cash Reserves (FDRXX). I have to enter each dividend manually after receiving my statements. As I said this has only been going on for a few months, and I am getting tired of having to do the manual reconciliation entries every month.

• prm12
    prm12 Member
    Options

40 year old product and this is the best they can do?