Companies not sending data

Options
crescere
crescere Member ✭✭

Hello all, I am experiencing more financial companies that no longer send me my financial updates via Quicken. So far, Empower, Touchstone, and Janus have not sent data for several years. It would take me hours to update all my accounts manually. I can not use Web Connect or Direct Connect for these companies. Fidelity, and Vanguard still work fine. Is anyone else having this happen? Is there a way around it? Thanks in advance to all who answer.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @crescere,

What exactly is occurring? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What is your connection method with these financial institutions? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• crescere
    crescere Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello, thanks for answering. Actually, nothing happens. My account balances just don't get updated even though I have not changed anything. My accounts with Fidelity and Vanguard balance to the penny. I have called Janus and Touchstone, and they claim they are no longer compatible with Quicken. They do not give a reason; they only say management has decided to no longer make this data available for downloading to Quicken. Empower says I can download it, but I have four separate accounts that involve mutual funds and individual stocks. The data I get from Empower combines all my accounts and I get a big mess of combined transactions. This is very frustrating as I now do not have a total balance of my assets.

I was hoping Quicken management may know why these companies are being so uncooperative.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If the financial institutions decide they no longer want to support Quicken, we don't have the power to force them to support us.

To clarify, you said that Empower hasn't sent data for several years in your earlier post, but now you're saying everything is coming in as one giant mess? Has it recently started downloading, or was Empower behaving differently from the beginning? Are the Empower accounts all completely separate accounts, or are they sub-accounts under one main investment account?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• crescere
    crescere Member ✭✭
    Options

No, Janus and Touchstone have not updated in years. I have four Empower accounts, but they send all financial information as if it is just one account. This puts a mess of entries all coming into one account. I know you can't force these companies to cooperate, but if you as a company protested to them they may listen. This would benefit their investors and it would make Quicken the one go-to program for all transactions as it has been in the past. It seems that something must have changed in the year 2015 because that is when I started to have problems. I used to know my entire net worth to the penny, but now I have more limited information. Thank you for your help.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

YOU, as a client of those companies, will have a greater impact protesting their decision to no longer support Q than Q itself will.

I have, in the past, "voted with my feet" and left companies when they stopped supporting Q. Q is more important, to me, than ANY financial service provider.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• crescere
    crescere Member ✭✭
    Options

The problem with leaving them is that I would have to sell my positions and take a capital gain.

This discussion has been closed.