Make it like Windows version! Anyone running a VM?

Options
bmarin
bmarin Member ✭✭
edited April 30 in Investing (Mac)

After 30years of Quicken use on a PC I finally bought my first Mac. It was great that my Premier membership was installable on my M3 Imac but the lack of investment features/reports was so disappointing. I don't really want to create VM just to run Quicken in Windows mode but I am considering it. Any suggestions? TIA

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 30
    Options

An all-in-one suggestion like this isn't going to go anywhere. For one thing, Quicken DOS/Windows has been around for almost 40 years at this point, and I suspect that if they could do it all over again they wouldn't redo all the stuff that's currently in Quicken Windows.

It's better to identify specific features that are missing or could be better in Quicken Mac. For example, here's a suggestion to improve investment reporting that you could vote for:

And here's one for an investment view like Quicken Windows:

Voting for suggestions like these & adding your own comments will accomplish more than a blanket "make it like Windows" directive will.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

To add to what @Jon wrote, I want to note that many key investment reports can be generated via the various filters and columns in the Portfolio view, and they can be printed or exported. What can't be done yet is saving each such custom report for re-use. So each time you want an investment report in Quicken Mac, you have to tweak the filters for the report you want. That's an annoyance, to be sure, but it doesn't prevent getting reports many users need. And there are some metrics which the Portfolio doesn't provide reporting for. It might help if you could describe what reporting you're wanting on your investments, so we can suggest if there's a way to get there.

The developers definitely don't respond to "make it like Quicken Windows!" because that's too general, but they are responsive to specific feature requests. All we as users can do is vote for the Idea topics that embody the features we want to see. There are several additional Idea threads for investment reports in Quicken Mac which I'd encourage you to vote for:

If you haven’t previously done so, please click on these and add your vote for each of them. (Click the little arrow under the vote counter in the yellow box under the first post of each thread). One of these is marked as "Planned" by the developers, but all the others have not yet been assigned time on the development schedule, and more votes can help push them up the list for consideration. I feel relatively confident that more robust investment reports will be added to Quicken Mac as the program continues to evolve, but I have no idea how soon or long it will be.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • bmarin
    bmarin Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm new to the voting and glad I'm now aware as I have voted for all links. Thanks for the coments and I'll keep checking in to support the effort.

This discussion has been closed.