Calculator in QWin Desktop

Options
NotACPA
NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 7 in Display/UI

It would be quite helpful if, instead of the pitiful calculator included in the desktop product, that calculator icon brought up the calculator that's inherent in Windows.

One that's actually large enough that it can be read.

OR, at minimum, provide the option to use the Win calculator vs the Q calculator.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

9 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I keep a link to the Windows calculator in the Quick Launch area of my Windows taskbar.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, that would be helpful. Got my vote.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Like @Rocket J Squirrel I just use the Windows one from my task bar when I need it. I don't really think you want them to bring up the Windows one. The whole point of the one in Quicken is that it interacts with transaction information the Windows one doesn't other than copy and paste. Much more likely would just to enlarge the one they have.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My vote is for improving and enlarging the existing calculator.

QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I concur. Tools / Calculator, especially the numeric amount display, should be enlarged.

For the overwhelming majority of all my calculation needs, the calculator built into the amount fields together with numeric keyboard shortcuts, e.g., typing 123+234 is entirely sufficient. I practically never need to use Tools / Calculator.
    A calculator with a printable register tape like an old fashioned adding machine would be even better if, for example, you need to tally up a number of checks for a deposit slip.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Enlarging/enhancing the current Tools/Calculator would meet my objective.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP