Downloading transactions

Options

Just a question to see if anyone else is having the same issue. Recently when I download transactions from my credit union to Quicken it gives me the latest ones but often also gives me transactions that were done days or even months ago and have already been reconciled. For example today I did my daily download and got 2 new transactions and also 2 from February that were cleared a long time ago. Not sure if Quicken or Credit Union issue. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm running the newest Beta Test update by the way.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please do TOOLS, Account List … and tell us what's in the "Transaction Download" column adjacent to this account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• BruceStorey
    BruceStorey Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Express Web Connect if I read your question right.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ever since the addition of the Pending Transactions feature a few days ago I have been getting a few (not many) random downloads of transactions that had been previously downloaded and reconciled. These random downloads have occurred with various Jan-Apr dates and have occurred with both EWC and EWC+ accounts…some of these accounts but not all of them.

These duplicate downloads cannot be matched to any previously entered transactions so they create duplicates in the registers which need to be manually deleted.

So, maybe this is related to the turn on of the Pending Transactions feature?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• BruceStorey
    BruceStorey Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Might be related to the new feature. Not a big deal just kind of a hassle to manually delete them. Was mostly curious if others had seen the same thing. Apparently yes! lol

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same with me. Not a big deal but a bit of a curious hassle.

Another possible cause: In Jan-Mar there have been a few times where a 1-2 transactions would not download. It appeared to be a random event and occurred with some (not all) EWC and EWC+ accounts. Toward the end of March those missing transactions started to download and over about 2 wks all of the missing transactions were completely downloaded. So maybe this is a side effect of that issue and fix?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @BruceStorey and @Boatnmaniac,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.