Coinbase Account Access - API Key & Secret fields are too small to enter (QMAC)

Options

Comments

• slprice
    slprice Member
    Options

I had my Coinbase Bitcoin wallet set up in Quicken, but it stopped working on April 3, 2024. It does not get any errors, but the balance has shown as $0 since then.

@Quicken Anja, It appears Coinbase has changed from a key/secret to an elliptic curve private key provided as a JSON structure with the key name and PEM-encoded private key. When will Quicken be updating to support the new Coinbase API key format?

• bangroot
    bangroot Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 16
    Options

Yes, you can't even generate the old v2 API keys any more. As of today, my previously working accounts won't even sync anymore. I am getting errors now (though the error is MFA_FAILED, which doesn't make sense for an API integration).

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited April 16
    Options

Hello @slprice and @bangroot,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-9770)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mitch the Geek
    Options

Same problem here. Any news?

• PieMan
    PieMan Member ✭✭
    Options

I have this same issue and wasted hours searching for a solution.

Five support agents had no idea.

• minx
    minx Member
    Options

Same. I can create a new API but it has API key name and private key but it doesn't seem to work with Simplifi. The old ones supposedly still exist so not sure what is creating the error. Is there a ticket on this already open so that we can vote on it?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@minx If you're using Simplifi, this isn't the place to post about it, as this forum is just for Quicken Classic; you should visit the Simplifi Community forum and post there. Even though Quicken Classic and Simplifi are under the same umbrella, not everything works identically between the two.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993